background

Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 65

Things here in the Arizona Tempe Mission are just going great. This has been a pretty great week and one I will not soon forget for many a reason!
I am finding myself in a very strange place lately...I want to get transfered, because I want to spend the end of my mission in spanish work. So I really REALLY want to get transfered. BUT I have fallen in love with so many of the people here in San Tan zone and I am feeling like 3 weeks just isnt enough time to really get to know them and I am not ready to leave at all. It is horrible because no matter the call that I get this Sunday I am going to just cry! It is pretty horrible and I am not looking forward to it. I mean, really I want to go back into spanish, that is where I feel my calling the most, but again, I love it here. So who knows what is gonna happen. It is crazy!
This week we started working with another sweet girl. She is less active but only in the going to church part...which is a big part, but still. When we stopped by unannounced this week, she was listening to mo tab and reading her conference ensign. She is SO sweet and wants to go to the temple really bad. So we are working on the Church thing. She says that it is anxiety that keeps her out of church, but we have worked out a plan to get her there and she is going to go to the temple gosh dangit!
Wednesday was a wonderful day! We had a SISTERS TRAINING! Those are the best, we all get together and talk about sisters things. This time we talked about what the new sister training leader position entails and how we can fufill our responsibilities. But mostly we just get to get together and talk and such. It was amazing! I got to see all my old compies! I have had the best companions in the WORLD! And I love when I get to see them. Me and Thomps just laughed and said wierd things, just like we used too! Oh it was ever so great!
The crowning jewel of this week was the baptism of Elio and Martha! Elio and Martha are my gators from Queen Creek and it was no small miracle that Elio got baptized. He is sorta stubborn and for a long time was not ready to really ask if the church was true even though he had been going every sunday for 6 months! But it was worth the wait. The baptism of Elio was beautiful, but the crowning jewel of the day was Marthas baptism. So I am not sure if you remember but Martha has some health problems, and due to a stroke and some other things she is in a wheel chair most of the time. For my familys understanding, she is somewhat like my Aunt Tammy. She can walk and stand, but she is a little infirm in her balance and such. So the big question was how to baptize her and keep her safe. Well what was decided was maybe the most beautiful sight of my mission.
Martha was helpped into the font by the entire bishopric. The 2nd counselor knelt behind her, well near where her head would be, the 1st counselor did the ordinance as so was standing next to her, and the bishop stood at her feet. It was the most beautiful sight of my life to wathc these 3 worthy priesthood holders participate in both her baptism but also her safety. I am so sad that I could not have a picture of that moment, but I have tried to etch it into my brain! It was AMAZING!
Well that is about all for this week, it was great. I had fun, I felt the spirit and I know you can feel that. And not to take us off on a different note...here are some stupid things I said this week...
"Naps are even shorter than the night time"
"Horses can eat apples because they live outside"
I will leave you on that note.
Love Hermana Parry
 
All The Sisters
 
The Comps and Hna Crawford
Being Silly
Us with Elio and Martha
Elio and Martha and the Obispado

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment