Well here I am in San Tan. Working in english work which has been
good but wierd. This is the wierdest thing....area boundries. Now we
obviously have them in spanish work...It is just alot trickyer in
english work because I actually have to worry about leaving my area. In
spanish my area has always covered WAY more than the zone and as such I
have really always just basically gone where ever I wanted....but now I
have to ask premission
I guess I will now give you an update on how my week has gone, and I will tell you, it has been pretty great so far.
Tuesday was fun because we had district meeting and despite not
knowing any of the elders, they are all pretty cool. Plus I am not
again in the same zone as my friend Elder Ash, who is my lacrosse
friend. So that is pretty great. Plus on Tuesday we met some really
cool people. First we had a lesson with a new gator named Chris. His
wife is a member and they are just recently married but he has been
coming to church with her. He is from england and has a REALLY sweet
accent and I love that. Plus he is really cool to teach. He is the
most polite guy ever and takes a way long time to ask questions because
he doesnt want to offend us. Which is funny. But he is really cool and
when we talked to him on Saturday he said that he is almost done
reading 1 nefi, which is just insane. Unfortunately he couldnt come to
church this Sunday, but I am really excited to teach him again.
We then met with a really sweet less active woman named Sarah. She
is really cool and her niece was actually Cosette in WX's Les Mis, so
Alie and Jess will know her. She has gone through some stuff and that
relocated her and I think is what has made her church attendence a
little slim, but she is a doll and I love her already.
Wednesday was wonderful because I got to go to the
temple. I love the temple, but to make it even better I got to see so
many of my friends there! Hna Lemon, Anderson, and Thompson were there,
and also a few elders I was happy to see. And I also got a few amazing
update from missionaries about Angela Valdez (from Gilbert) and
Carmelita (from Tempe) who are both doing amazingly! That was a real
blessing. And this may sound silly or selfish, but both missionaries
told me that these sweet ladies still talk about me. That was so sweet
to hear. I know how much I love them, but to hear that they love me
too...that is really special.
The rest of the week was pretty great, but I got sick
there at the end and that was a little, well a lot lame. But I am
really grateful for my companion who took such good care of me. That
was such a blessing.
Well I think that is about all I have for this
week....OH also that I am blessed....we had dinner with a family that is
attending the english ward, but just moved here from Mexico like 8
months ago! That was a tender mercy from the Lord. I loved speaking
spanish with them. It is like they always say, "You dont know what you
got til its gone"
Remeber that! Sieze the day!
Love Hermana Parry
No comments:
Post a Comment