background

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Week 63

Welcome to San Tan
Things here are good, but I do have to start off with some pretty tragic news. The trifecta is now just the gruesome twosome as I have been ETed to San Tan!!! Ok, well it isnt really an et, we had some advanced notice (of about 4 whole days) that I was going to have to leave Queen Creek and my beloved trio! Sister Toom who is from the marshal islands went home today because her visa expired and so P Howes asked me to come here and serve until transfers in 3 weeks. It is bitter sweet. Moving is always a double edged sword of sadness to leave one area and excitement to go somewhere new. This also guarentees that I will move again in 3 weeks because right now I will be working in only english work which is pretty lame...but I will survive I suppose. We do fortunately have dinner with the Gutierez Family this week, they just moved here from Mexico, proof that Heavenly Father really does have my back.
Oh in other fun news, my companion will be Sister Laura Allred, you may remember her, we were roomies for 6 months when we were serving in Gilbert. We are very different people, but I already know the stuff that bugs her and kind of how she works so that should be good. And I think that we will have fun together.
In other missionary news, Elio and Martha, my stubbon Chilean investigators have choosen to be baptized on the 27th of April!!! I am so excited for them and for their desicion. It is sad that I wont get to finish teaching them, but hopefully I will get to go back for the baptism, seeing as I am really only 1 zone and 15 minutes away from it. So keep them in your prayers.
And we also had a cool experience oyming a guy this week.  So we were trying to contact a reference named Fortino, but when we stopped by his house he wasnt there, but guy named Robert was sitting outside.  We chatted with him for a minute, asked if we could do anything for him, and said goodbye.  Well about 30 minutes later we had a prompting to go try Fortino again.  We felt like wierdos, but we went anyways.  Well Fortino still wasnt there but Robert still was...this time he said "Were you serious about helping me?  I need a ride to pick up my son and my car wont start."  So we obviously couldnt drive him the 30 minutes there and back but we called our ward mission leader, Bro Keesler, and the saint said he would drive him.  It was really neat because while we waited for Bro Keesler we were able to teach Robert and it was really cool.  The next day his girlfriend called us and asked about youth activites cuz she wanted to go.
It was just a really neat experience to follow the spirit and then watch the Lord do his work.  I am grateful for the moments that I can just get out of the way and be a tool in the Lords hands.  It is the sweetest thing.  And I am also so grateful for the members that sacrifice their time to help us.  Blessed!
Well, that is about all I have this week.  I love you all and I hope all is well.  Thanks for everything!
Love Hermana Parry
The Trifecta

Elio and Martha

The Simonettas...not the greatest foto, but I think its funny

The Keeslers

No comments:

Post a Comment