background

Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 66

 So last night I was supposed to receive a transfer call, but for some reason our President is waiting until tonight to give them.  It is really rather lame and I am not very happy about it, but whatever.  So who knows what will happen, I will fill you in next Monday.
Anywho, this week has been pretty good. It is really weird because I am still in this really weird place where all I want to do is go back into spanish, but that isnt really true, because I want to stay here with the people I love here! It is really just the worst place I have ever been on a transfer sunday, well monday.
Here are the highlights.
Monday, we had a really funny dinner with a former la, turned A who is so funny and we still love to visit her. I said a really powerful prayer that lead to her getting the house she wants. Booya!
Tuesday, Elder Hatch and I swapped cameras. We wanted to get an inside look into the lives of other missionaries and then it turned into a contest to take funnier pictures than the other companionship. That has been really fun, me and Allred have been taking really fun fotos this week.
Wedneday was really quite great! We taught all day long. That doesnt usually happen, a day just full of set lessons that actually go through, but Wednesday they did and it was so fun. We taught a part memeber family who invited us over. It was a really sort of strange lesson because we really dont know exactly why they wanted us to come over because they are apparently really active in their church. But they invited us back, they seem to be looking for something and we have it. So just wait, they are headed to the Temple, via the waters of baptism! Woot! We also had a bunch of other lessons, and ended our night at Sara's house! I love her! She made us pineapple upsidedown cake and we laughed at all of the funny nicknames that Shawn gives Gus on psych....she and her boys are also big psych fans! Deepening my love for her! We also had a really fun dinner. We ate with a family who had served missions and lived in Japan, so they made us japanesse food. It was super yummy and way fun to eat
Thursday, We had a lesson with Ashley! I also LOVE her! She is so sweet and everytime we go over to her house I get really happy! She is just a doll!
Saturday, we had dinner at Ashelys. We talked about transfers and I said I might leave and she said "No! There are people here, RIGHT HERE(pointing to the table), that need you! You cant leave." Oh I am going to be heart broken no matter what! I like leaving areas, I hate leaving people!
Sunday, we had super great testimony meetings! Our Bishop told his ward that if they were going to pray for the success of the missionaries serving FROM their ward, that they needed to be the answer to the prayers for success from the parents of the missionaries serving IN their ward(me)! It was really cool. So everyone, be the success for missionaries serving in your wards ok! We visited Sara again today. She played the piano and sang for us, she is amazing and apparently comes from a family of musical prodiges! She played the song "Castle on a Cloud" on the piano and we sang together. That is a weird fact, but it brought back childhood memories of singing that song.
 
Other things are going pretty good, and I am happy and healthy...for the most part.  Congratulations shout out to my friend Michael who got a cool helicopter internship in Oregan, even though it means that my best friends have to move...to Oregan!
Thanks for all of the love and support!  Have a great week!
Love Hermana Parry
 
Chopsticks
 
My two favorite girls
Sara and her pineapple gift
Jumping foto
Orville the hopping chicken...still bringing me joy.  Thanks easter bunny!
The awesome drawing that sister Allred did of us!
To bad I am allergic
 Baking Cookies
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment