background

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 52

YUMA!! Well this has been a highly entertaining week if I do say so myself. Alot of craziness happened and a LOT of fun stuff. So I will just start with Monday and work my way through. Well about two months ago, right before Thanksgiving I was having trouble with a tooth. I went to the dentist and he told me that I was going to need to get a root canal....on a tooth that had already had a root canal...go figure. But after the antibiotic he gave me my tooth felt better so I put it off. Well this week I finally went and got it done. I am so grateful to my endodontist Dr. Hamberlin for being willing to do it for free cuz I am a missionary. There are so many amazing members here in this mission that just take so much care of us. GRATEFUL! Also it was way cool because my hygenist was a convert that was tracted out by my mission grandma (my trainers trainer). So we had a really great time just chatting away about the gospel and missionary work. The actual root canal wasnt to bad the day of, it has hurt this week, but I am barely noticing it now that I am on more antibiotics. Ha ha. I have taken more medicine as a missionary that at any other time in my life I think. It is a little absurd! But I am grateful for the medical knowledge that we have these days. The middle of the week was pretty good, Wednesday night was a miracle! So remember last week when we found miracle Carlos in the park...well Wedneday we had a lesson set up with him in that same park at 6. So we got a member and went to the park and there was no Carlos...630, still no Carlos. So our member went home and we waited and talked to people at the park because we has set up another lesson at 7 at the same park. Well 7 rolls around and we get stood up again. So we are sitting on a bench trying to decide what to do when we hear "You're still here!". It was miracle Carlos! He had gotten stuck at work and had come to the park hoping we would be there! Oh it was just splendid! We had a really great lesson with him and set up another for Saturday. At our Saturday lesson he brought us presents. He brought me a necklace and Thomps a beanie (because she is always cold). It was really sweet and kinda funny. He accepted a baptismal date on Saturday for the 16th of Febuary. So please keep him in your prayers! The real highlight of this week however...well Carlos is really the highlight...but still...The highlight of this week was the spanish missionary road trip down to YUMA!!!! Yuma is at the very south of our mission (a 3ish hour drive from Tempe), everyone in Arizona refers to it as the armpit, but to spanish missionaries it is the mecca! Everyone there is Mexican and there is a lot of spanish to be spoken! We went down to have a spanish training and then to do a less active blitz. It was so fun to spend Thursday and Friday with all of the spanish missionaries! Thomps and I drove down with Hnas Taylor, Anderson, and Crawford. We had so much fun in the car singing and eating junk! And then we all got to sleep over in the Yuma hermanas apartment. So 8 of the 12 of us were packed into the apartment and just had a really really fun time. It was really nice to just have that time to unite and fire each other up. President told us that we were there to get a little swagger, it was funny. But yeah, it was great! Things here in Tempe are really going so great. Me and Thomps are still just living it up and having so much fun together. She has been so great to serve with, we just click and work hard and push each other and it is amazing! The people here are also awesome. We have been really blessed and have happened into a bunch of people, both investigators and also less actives who are ready to come back, and it is great. I know that the Lord really does bless us for our efforts, I am seeing that every single day. I am really happy and grateful to be here. I hope you are all doing well! Love you! Hermana Natalie Parry Root Canal
Trip down to Yuma

No comments:

Post a Comment