Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Week 53
Another Week...
Well first of all I want to send a little shout out to my cousins Hayley and Alynne who I found out today are both going on missions!!! Hayley is leaving bien pronto for the Scotland/Ireland mission and my cousin Alynne is going to what used to be Yugoslavia. Congrats to both of them! You two are in for the best 18 months of your lives, you are in my prayers and I wish you the best!
As far as for me, things have been really great here. I am still loving serving with Hna Thompson and she says she loves serving with me. So I am going to believe her! :) We still are having so much fun and we are working really hard. We met our street contacting goal this week and that was cool. She is an awesome companion because she has so much gumpsion and she really just pushes me to be a better missionary and I hope I am helping to push her as well.
She is really silly. The other day we were talking about what might happen at transfers and we keep talking about how we are going to get split up because we are just having to much fun together...and she said to me "I can just see us, sitting in a swing, holding hands, wishing this could last forever!" Which is crazy...but more crazy because we dont ever hold hands and we have no access to a swing!
This week was cool, we found an awesome family to teach. Francisco and Carmelita and their 6 kids. Destiny is the oldest and she is 8. So lessons are sort of crazy, but good. They had already had the lessons when they were living in Mesa and they are just ready. Carmelita and Destiny have already picked a baptismal date, Francisco is a little bit more hesitant, he says he needs to learn more, but he also said "I want to get baptized...I want to go to heaven." which says to me that he really already knows enough. We just need to help him to see that!
The rest of the week was really fun. On Saturday we helpped one of our investigators clean her house and she was listening to some spanish music. I love spanish music and I need to make a list of all the stuff I want to listen to when it is allowed! Jajaja. Also we went to a mexican birthday party on Saturday and we had SO much fun! I love this culture so much! We walked in and we were just treated like royalty. It was really just cool how welcome they made us. And it is like the minute you walk in the door, you are family. I really love that SO much. Plus there was cake and dancing and people. It was just so great!
Now for just a few funny stories...
Friday night we were street contacting and we walked up to 2 teenage boys and said hi. As soon as we said hi, boy #1 said pointing to boy #2 "He has STDs!" Thomps and I almost in unision said "Thats ok, Jesus doesnt discriminate". The boys laughed and talked to us for a minute, but it is just silly the things we hear.
One more story...
We were at a less active familys house. They have a daughter who is about 6 and a little chihuahua named peewee. Well we walked in and we were standing there chatting and Peewee jumpped up and I was petting him. Well the little girl looked over and said "Oh No! Peewee can see your undies!" (Because he is a little dog and I was wearing a skirt) Oh my, I laughed so hard! It was really really funny. Being a missionary is fun!
Well I guess that is it for this week! I hope all is going well for you and that you know how much I love you all!
The Gospel is true! We are blessed!
Love Hermana Parry
In the Car
Starbucks, Thomps loves the steamers...she doesnt love this photo!
Thomps got a little crazy and spilled all over!
Just being weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment