Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Week 48
Feliz Ano Nuevo
I hope that this letter finds you all happy and well, looking forward to the new year. I personally am looking forward to 2013!
This was a pretty crazy week, being Christmas and all. Although it was different, it was maybe one of my most fun Christmas seasons and I must admit that I am sad that it is over. We were treated so kindly by everyone in our wards and just made to feel at home.
Christmas eve was fun, it was a half p day and we got invited to the home of our spanish relief society presidents home for a traditional ham dish. It was pretty good and they are so sweet and thought of us and got us presents. We got pretty dainty necklaces and earrings. Then we met up with our zone for some basketball and a white elephant gift exchange. Hna Kerr got some ridiculous birds and I got the movie "Norbit" (I gave it to Elder Harrison cuz he goes home next week and can watch it.).
Christmas was great, we woke up at 630 like usual and opened our presents. I got a sweet scarf which I am thrilled about. We got invited over for Christmas breakfast with the Shappell family. That was a hoot. While we were there we got invited by there in laws to Christmas lunch. We happily accepted. Then we stayed and watched all the grandkids open their presents. It was fun, it felt like having a family for Christmas.
After Christmas lunch we went over to the Burleys to skype our families. That was super great. I loved getting to see everyone and talk to them. After skyping was dinner and more presents. Our ward members are really to good to us. After we talked we got together with our zone and we watched "Its A Wonderful Life" and it was fun, but it was a little bit hard when I was laying in bed later that night. All of the days events made me a tiny bit homesick. It is interesting how really the separation from the world ie. not watching movies or talking to your family really is the only way that you can survive a mission I think. Once I was in my at home brain it was rather hard to get back into mission brain. But I am there now again, thank goodness and I am again happy as a clam to be a missionary.
Other than my delightfully fun Christmas news there isnt really anymore to report. We had a slow week but next week will be wonderful. I cant believe that I come home this year( well this year tomorrow)! I will hit my year mark in a couple weeks...that is unreal! I never thought that that would happen and I had so many ideas about how wonderful I was going to be when I hit a year. What a great teacher I would be, how great my spanish would be, how I wouldnt be afraid to talk to strangers on the streets...and none of those things are where I thought they would be. But I can see that I am growing and Heavenly Father has helped me to grow so much. I am excited to be able to make new years resolutions for this next 6 months of my mission and see who the Lord can help my become before I have to come home.
Thanks for all that you do for me. Love you!
Hermana Parry
Las Chicas
The gift I gave Myler
Our gifts...and Elder Walker
Merry Christmas
Opening Presents
Thanks Kiddos
My Loot
Bonito Bigotes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment