background

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Week 49

Well people, another week is here and more than that, another transfer. We got our calls last night and I am leaving Chandler. I kind of felt like it was going to happen, but I was hoping it wouldnt. Just because I love all of the people here and I love being companions with Hna Kerr. But I know that where ever I end up will be just as great. In other news, my baby sister is ENGAGED! Holy Smokes! I am really happy for her and Jayden. Felicidades Als! Now for just a random story, there is a kid in one of my wards who has been waiting for his mission call to come since the first week of October!!! Can you believe that? It has just been sitting in Salt Lake, but no word for him. I think that would be absolute torture! He has kind of just given up hoping and has just accepted that it is never gonna come. Jajaja. He actually is planning on growing his beard until his call comes. He looks pretty silly already. As for me, this has been a pretty good week. We have had a lot of fun and have seen some amazing miracles. This week we picked up two new amazing investigators (that I am so sad that I have to leave cuz they are so cool). The first is a Haitian guy named Duieve. He is really cool and speaks french. He has a really strong belief in Jesus Christ and is open to learning whatever he can more about him. We had a lot of fun teaching him and he is excited to read the Book of Mormon. I tried to remember some french, but I couldnt really and all of the words that I remember I couldnt pronounce because I wanted to pronounce them with a spanish accent. :) We also started teaching a guy named Mike and his LA girlfriend Chelsea. They are amazingly awesome! Chelsea is the reason that they are taking the lessons because even though she has made some bad choices she knows that the Gospel is how she can be happy and Mike is open to learning about it because he loves her. They are so neat and I had such a fun time teaching him and I am sad to have to leave. They have such amazing spirits about them and I am glad to have had the chance to meet them, even if it was only for a minute. I also got to see Sister Mugar this week! She and some other sisters that served here came to visit and took us out to lunch and it was just so darn great! It was so nice to see her! She knows just how to make me smile and I was reminded again why Heavenly Father let her be my trainer. She is amazing! Well I think that might be all, but things here are good. I am loving the work and loving the Lord! Next week I will be in a new place with a new companion....never a dull moment on the Lords errand! Thanks for all the love and support! Until next time America, this is Hermana Parry signing off for the last time from the Chandler library! Paz! Chandler Zone
Making A Wish (it was to stay in Chandler...:( )
Sister Kerr taming a wild beast. She named him Rusty.
Rusty later bit her.
Me Lauren and Jenika
Reunited and it feels so good!
The Cinco Amigas
Bigotes
Guess What? We love Bigotes!

No comments:

Post a Comment