background

Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 50

Well here we are at the start of another week...a week in which I will hit my year mark! WHAT? Hijole! First of all, quick shout out to my cousin cousins Rachel and Danny who welcomed their third baby this week! Welcome Camille! Congrats Rach and Danny, she is beautiful! Also congrats Trishelle, who is also expecting! I cant wait to hold all of these babies! As for me, I am now in......wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.......TEMPE!!! I am serving in what feels to me like the heartland of the mission. I am near the mission office all the time and I feel like I am up to date on the mission haps! My companion is Hna Thompson and she is amazing! She is from Kearns so we are now one of those Utah companionships, but that is ok. We are having SO much fun together, she is a crazy person and makes me laugh every single day. That is what we spend most of our time doing is laughing...sometimes at inappropriate moments. Quiet dignity might need to become a goal soon. :) But as for now we are having fun. It has been a really smooth transition into being companions, I dont really feel like we missed a beat. Tempe is really fun, it is a lot different than what I am used to though. There are a lot more colors in Tempe and I have liked that. We also meet some very interesting people that remind me how blessed I am to be how I am. But they are all mostly sweet. Oh before I forget, the best part of being companions with Hna Thompson is that she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! And because of that, nearly every man we talk to on the street hits on her. Even our investigators. It is REALLY funny and we sort of use it as a game...I think it might get hard for her sometimes, but mostly we just have really funny stories to tell later. It is super great. I am so jealous that it is snowing so much there! I miss that the most about arizona. But it actually has been sort of cold here this last weekend, when we walked outside in the morning yesterday I could see my breath. It still just feels like October here and not January. This Friday I hit my year mark!!! I cannot believe that it has really been that long. I still feel like such a greenie, but no, I am one of the oldest spanish sisters in the mission! I am not sure how or when that happened! Hijole! But everyday I love it more and more. We are teaching some really amazing people here in Tempe and I love watching them grow and progress in the Gospel. We dont have a lot of spanish work right now though which stinks, so if you could throw a little spanish work in your prayers that would be wonderful! As for me, I think that is about all for right now. Things are wonderful and I am just LOVING the work right now. This transfer has already been a blessing and Hna Thompson has already helpped me to grow so much. I feel like in the last 3 weeks (so even before Thomps) I have become so much more dedicated and consecrated and I know that I am qualifying myself now more than ever for miracles to happen! Thank you all for all the prayers and support. Love you! Hermana Parry Leaving Chandler
La Familia Hernandez, one of my favorite families ever!
His bib says I love Hermana Parry
Saying bye to Fati
Me and Thomps stuck in an elevator
Thomps playing her Uke for me...every night after planning
Me and Thomps

1 comment: