background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 30

Most Definately The Best Two Years This has been a really great week for me. I have had lots of really eye opening, life changing experiences this week. First of all I have truly been able to see the hand of the Lord guiding our missionary work. This week Hna Hansen and I have been super focused on finding, but in Gilbert, it is really hard to find. But we have been trying anyways, and as we have done all we could do despites the seeming lack of sucess, we have been able to recieve a few referals that will hopefully turn into investigators. It has really helped me to remeber that we are not in this alone, and as we put in every effort that we can, the Lord will definately help us. That is super cool. In other cool news/inspiring experiences that remind me that missions are such a blessing. I found out this week that one of the people I have been teaching is thinking about going on a mission. This week Hna Hansen and I thought that we should write her letters telling her why we were here and the blessings we have seen from being missionaries. The next day she told us she has been thinking about going on a mission and she had a meeting with her bishop on Sunday. Now i dont know what will happen with her, if she will serve or not, but I feel like such a proud parent. I know that I havent really done anything to help her, it has all been the Lord, but i have been able to watch her grow and mature in the gospel. I am so excited for her and for her desire to serve the Lord. The pinacle of this week was the chance that we had to go to the temple with one of Hna Hansens recent converts! That was so cool for so many different reasons. First of all the session was in spanish! AH! But I went without headphones or translation of any kind and I understood what was going on for the most part. That was really special. As I was sitting there, understanding something so important, I was just reminded that spanish is where I am supposed to be. All of the times I think that it is to hard or that I cant do it, I can remember that I can go through the temple in spanish, and well, what is more important that that. I think that the spirit is stronger in spanish! :) The second cool thing about that is that tons of members of our branch work at the temple on Saturday mornings, and it is always so fun to be able to see people that you love in the temple with you. But really the thing that was so great about Saturday was seeing how much it meant to Hna Hansen to be in the temple with someone she loves so much. It made me realize even more how much I want to be sitting there in a year from now with Alexa, Elcy, Angela, and Yovanka. And even sooner maybe with Kay and Angela V. Being able to watch someone you love making such an important covenant with the Lord...there really are just not words to describe it. There are days that I think being a missionary is too hard, too scary, too discouraging, too much...but then just as quickly as they come, those thoughts are driven out by the blessing of seeing the gospel change people lives. I am so grateful to be a missionary! Any of you out there reading this who are thinking about a mission but just arent quite sure....remove the doubt and go. Put your faith in the Lord, realize that it will be hard, but that there will not be a single day that you ever regret being a missionary. Going on a mission will change lives...especially your own. I am so in love with being here! It is the best. Thanks everyone for all you do. I love you all! Siempre Con Amor, Hna Parry Hna Hansen and her awesome Tempe family.
Me and the sweet ladybug hat I made
The Gilbert zone relief society
The Gilbert Water tower at sunset. So pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment