background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 26

REUNITED...And it felt so good!!!! This has been a good week though. The passing of pioneer day did indeed bring me sadness. I love pioneer day. But for district meeting we got permission to watch the movie "17 Miracles" and so that was fun and holiday ish. :) But I missed having fireworks! So on to this week. It was great like I said. I was blessed with a lot of really cool miracles this week. The first being that I was able to be reunited with my beloved Mugsy for a couple of days at the start of this week. Because my roommate Sister Warner ended her mission and Mugsys comp did too, she came to our house to be comps with Sister Allred for monday and tuesday. That was the best. Just being able to hug her made my week so much better and just eased my heart. She really was the best companion and I am so grateful to have had her. She is now companions with Hna Escobar, my MTC compy and I am so jealous cuz I just love both of them so much! But that is ok, because I also love my little Hna Hansen. Well my week borings out a bit in the middle, but the end was AMAZING!!! We were able to attend a baptism on Saturday. And boy, what an amazing baptism it was. It was a woman that the spanish elders taught, but it was so special and important to me and Hna Hansen, because we were the lucky ones that found her. About 3 weeks ago, Hna Hansen wanted to tract...I dont like tracting. It has always seemed so ineffective, but I said ok. We had knocked on a bunch of doors and had gotten antied and yelled at, but we decided to try just a few more doors. The 2nd to last door on the row was our miracle door. We knocked and Dee opened. First she told us that she was a catholic but when we bore our testimonies to her about the restoration of the gospel, she invited us to come back the next day. We were able to teach her the first lesson the next day and jsut knew that Heavenly Father had sent us there to find her. She was ready from the get go. It was sad that we didnt get to teach her, but it really doesnt matter in the end. Three weeks after tracting into her, Dee got baptised! It wsa really special because Elder Neiderhauser got to baptise her. He has been out 1 transfer and I know that it meant a lot to him to get to know Dee. She is just such a spit fire and everyone loves her because she is just so funny and sweet and sincere. It was amazing a special! Later that night we got invited to a Christmas in July party! Man, I love christmas and it was so fun! I am truly grateful every day for all of the members here that treat us so great. Sunday was also fun, it rained. It really is monsoon season, every night it rains basically, but I sure do love the rain. We are out of miles so we walked around in it, which sounds bad...but it was some of the most fun I have had as a missionary. Just the whole idea of it...the only people dumb enough to stay out in the rain is the missionaries. HA, a little weather isnt going to stop the work of the Lord! Well really that is it I guess. It has been a good week! I feel truly humbled and blessed every day for all that the Lord is teaching me here in Arizona and I am grateful to be here! Thank you everyone that writes me and supports me out here. You letters and love mean a lot. Thanks! Love Hermana Parry Farewell Sister Warner
Us with Dee
Niederhauser and Wheeler and Dee
Merry Christmas in July
Working in the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment