background

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 28

This was a good week. We got to teach a lot of lessons this week. Most of them are less active/recent convert lessons, but that is ok, they are just as important to me. We have the coolest larcs in the whole world and I feel so blessed to get to teach them. We got to teach Rosie this week and man was that a crazy lesson. We were teaching her the gospel and her catholic mom, who last week told us that all religions are the same, took over the lesson and spent 20 solid minutes talking about how great the catholic church was. It was so silly and frustrating, but we just had to laugh. Rosie is awesome though and she continues to progress in the gospel. We also had a bunch of members come with us to all of our lessons this week. One in particular was Bro. Ctibor. He is so amazing and just treats us so good. He is the father of 4 grown daughters and always tells us "Be safe, I am the father of daughters, so I worry". This week after a lesson he said the sweetest thing to us. Now I quote this not to toot my own horn, but just to show the kindness of this man...after our lesson he told us "Thank you so much for inviting me. It was so fun to see you sisters in action. The lesson was so great and the spirit was definately there. You are represneting the Lord, and he is proud. I just wish your parents could be here to see what I see because they would be so proud" We also got to go to the temple this week. I love the temple so much and everytime we get to go I just feel energized. Plus we had a spanish training so I got to see all of my favorite Hermanas! Thursday we got to teach Daniel! He is amazing and Tony came too. Tony is a booger, but I really like him. Daniel also came to church again this week! He is just the coolest and Hna Hansen and I just love him! We were at dinner with a guy last week who told us there was no way we would be able to keep our spanish if we didnt speak it every day, and I told him he was wrong and I think he is. I dont think Heavenly Father asks us to learn languages just to take them away from us. Sure, maybe some people wont stay absolutely fluent in their mission language, but I think it is just like with the scriptures, if we put in the time to study and learn, then when we need our language, the Lord will help us. I just hope that one day I will get this spanish thing down so that I can stay fluent in it. That is something I have been working really hard at, becoming fluent. Maybe it is silly, but hopefully not. I ask Hna Hansen questions a lot about how to say things, or I will use a word wrong and she tells me I did, but when I ask her how to use it she just says "I dont know, I just dont ever use it, I just say the ones I know". Now this is not a criticism to her in any way, it is just a difference in us. Because I want to do all that I can to learn how to use word and phrases in spanish and become more than just pasable in my spanish, but I truely want to become fluent. Well I think that is all. I am surrounded by the kindest leaders. On Saturday I was able to get a blessing from my stake president and he is just wonderful. I totally respect the elders and their priesthood, but sometimes I just need a blessing from a "Dad". And he kindly gave me one. Thanks everyone for your love and support. Dont forget about me, my mail man is getting tired of delivering all the mail to my roommate! Love you all Love, Hna Parry me and all the comps I have ever had!
The spanish missionaries and Johnny
All the Hermamas
The sisters at Zone Conference
Un liveable heat!
Wonderful Hermanas from the branch

No comments:

Post a Comment