background

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 27

Another Week Has Come...And Gone... Well people, it is your favorite Hermana back with another exciting mission update!!! Woot Woot!!! Things here are just delightful. We had transfers and got a new spanish elder. His name is Elder Wheeler, and he is just great! Sister Hansen and I really like him and he is an excellent district leader. We also got a new zone leader, Elder Carroll. He is quite, but is also great and we like him too. This is an irrelevent detail...but I was given a spriritual animal...the hammerhead shark. Reason: I am vision impared, ferocious, and move in weird ways. Nice. :) Ha ha. So there you go everyone. We have been able to teach a lot of less active members lately and that has been such a blessing. I know that Hna Hansen gets a little worried sometimes becasue we dont have a lot of "investigators" to teach, but I am really glad that we get to help people remember the covenants they have made and to help them return to their Heavenly Father. Oh speaking of, Kay, who is now fully active, YAY KAY!!!( I sure do love you!) Kay got her patriarchal blessing last week, which is in and of itself cool...but then this week the patriarch called her and told her that she needed to come back because he felt like there was more to her blessing! How amazing is that!?!?!? She is incredibly special to me and I am sure the Lord will do great things with her! Plus we taught Alexa again and she is getting ready to go to the temple to do baptisms. That girl is on fire and is wasting no time and I LOVE it! She is wonderful and it always makes me so happy to teach her and Kay. The best part of missionary work is definately all of the wonderful people I am meeting, and loving, and getting to learn from. I am blessed beyond words. We have seen a lot of miracles this week and have been guided to a lot of people. One of those people is Mike. He is an awesome former that we tried to start teaching again about a month ago, but he wasnt ready. Well this week we happened to stumble upon him. It was so great. We just chatted for a bit, and then music got brought up for some reason and so Mike and I chatted about our favorite bands...which were all very similar. The conversation included Styx, rush, ac/dc, kiss, van halen, black sabbath, iron maiden, and many more. And then as we talked we were able to pull in the influence of good music and how it helped us in our lives. He ended up opening up to us and it was amazing. He didnt say he is ready for the lessons again, but he is softening and that is a miracle. Blessings are being poured out on Gilbert. In a final thought...I got to hold the TINEST puppy last night. It was 5 days old! Oh man, I was in puppy heaven and I never wanted to leave! Things are great, The Work is progressing, The Lord is providing. Thanks for everything. Please dont forget about me, I love your letters, they bring me such joy and comfort. I love you all! Love Hermana Parry The steering wheel cover I made a companionship. This is the 6th one I have made. All the zone cars have them and some others. I made one for sister mugar so her hands wouldnt burn and everyone else wanted one. It is fun.
Me and a horse
Elder Markisich and his steering wheel cover. It is ridiculous!
Posting flyers for English classes.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet steering wheel covers. I'm glad you are doing well. Someday we will quit being slackers and send you some letters.

    ReplyDelete