background

Monday, June 24, 2013

week 73


The Work Of Salvation
This week I was sick, I was REALLY sick!  It was a weird week.  First of all, transfers and Hna Adams left so I spent Monday and Tuesday in other peoples areas...not working in my own.  Then on Wednesday we had transfer meeting all day and then on Thursday morning I woke up puking my guts out and I spent the subsequent weekend at home in bed.  It was absolutely the worst thing ever!  I am grateful to live with the other sisters though.  Hna White took really good care of me and doctored me back to full strength!  And then Hna Jensen and Hna Limburg were able to go out a work and so my poor little newby wasnt stuck inside all week!  Blessings in disguise!
I guess I should start off with the fact that I got a new companion.  Her name is Hermana Andrea Jensen.  She has red hair and so I am constantly thinking of Josh and Jaime.  She is very sweet, has been out for about 5 months and is from SLC.  We really havent had too much chance to work together, due to the vomiting, but we have enjoyed each other so far!
Wednesdays transfer meeting was a little crazy and exciting and sad all at that same time!  It was the mission split meeting, and though the split isnt official until the 1 of July, we all now know what missions we are in.  It was rather exciting to watch how the Lord has been working and growing this area and to see a ton of new zones formed!  I am offically staying in the Tempe Mission, and many of my spanish friends are as well....but many of my english compadres are now in the Gilbert mission.  But that is ok, because now I will get to email them.  It is sad to know that that was the last time that we would all get togther as group, but I am so excited to see what things the Lord has in store for this area!
Missionary work is the coolest!  So I hope that everyone had the chance to see the leadership broadcast "The Work Of Salvation" yesterday!  It bascially was the coolest thing I have ever seen!  So powerful and really kind of a call out and it changes missionary work SO SO much.  It is going to change my brother Jess's mission SO much!  It is strange because we will be serving such different missions even though the time difference isnt that severe.  I am so envious of all the amazing opportunities he is going to have!!!  SO NEAT!!!
Well all, I think that is about all I have for this week, but I am so grateful for all of the love and support I am recieving!  Dont forget about me in these last few weeks ok!  I need your prayers more than ever!  The Gospel is true, this is His work!  No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing, but a bunch of hallowed ones can sure help it move quicker!  Lets all lengthen our stride, and hasten the work of the Lord!!!
Love You All!!!
Hermana Parry









No comments:

Post a Comment