background

Monday, June 3, 2013

Week 70

 I will now tell you about the most exciting parts of my week.
So President Howes is really an advocate of the Book of Mormon.  Last year he gave us a BoM day, where we just read all day long, well Tuesday a new BoM challenge arised.  District meetings in the Arizona Tempe Mission have officially been cancelled until the end of the P Howes era.  We will now instead be reading in the BoM durning DM time and we will finish it as a mission on the last day that P Howes is here.  It is ALOT of reading, but it is nice to have the chanllenge to read the BoM one more time through before I leave for home.  I am reading it in espanol which makes it take a lot longer, but I am learning alot and I just really love the BoM.
Wedneday was really fun because I got to reconnect with my favorite companion!  Ok, who am I kidding, all of my companions were my favorite, but this just happened to be Hermana Thompson!
 Hna Thompson is a "Sister Training Leader" and so she came down to Casa Grande to go on exchanges with us.  Hna Escobar also came down (love her) and did exchanges with the other Hermanas.
Anywho, we had loads of fun together and it was just like old times.  We laughed...alot and I think sometimes Hna Adams felt out of the loop....but mostly that is just because Thomps and I are weirdos.  We listened to our favorite Alex Boye songs and even made a few music videos on her sweet ipad. 
*****Sidenote:  Mesa zone now has ipad and iphones!  Super cool!  They are testing out all of the kinks, and so I am not jealous that they have them right now, but it is gonna be wicked sweet when we all get them!!!  They get to have a facebook and do online proselyting.  It is so sweet!  The future of missionary work!******
 But oh golly, I sure loved being with her again!  And I think it was really good for Hna Adams to get to learn from Thomps as well.  And it really boosted my spirits because I really have not loved training to much.  It really is just stressful and as much as I love Hna Adams, I sometimes get frustrated.  But I loved being in a trio because Thomps really helped me to become a better trainer, Adams to become a better trainee, and really just reminded me that I really do love what I am doing.
Well I think that is all the exciting news I have for this week.  We are working really hard here in Casa Grande and I am just looking to find someone to connect too.  We know there are prepared people here, we found Celia and she is amazing.  We just need to keep working hard to find more of them like her.  I am loving my wards and the people I have met so far.
Well that is about it for now....I am happy and loving it here.  Even though Casa Grande is SO much hotter than the valley!  I am melting!  Thanks for the cool towel Apes!
Thanks for all your support!  The Gospel is true....how great it that?!?!?
Love Hermana Parry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment