background

Monday, June 10, 2013

week 71


112 in the Shade!
Well hello again everyone...its me, Hermana Parry writing again from sunny Arizona!  Things here are HOT HOT HOT and it is a little much for me, but alas, I will endure it and try to do it well!
I wanna send a shout out to my little brother Jess and my cousin Jake who both graduated from high school this week!  I cannot believe it, but it seems to be true!  I am quite proud!
 
Things here in Arizona are just splendid and we had a pretty rad week!
Monday Hermana White and I went out on splits to visit a LA family.  It was so fun and their daughters are so cute!  Plus they seemed to have read my mind because they had pink mustaches for us to wear!  They were absolutly absurd but they totally made my day.  Really, bigotes are hilarious!
Plus afterwards we visited a "couponer" in our ward who gave us free toiletries.  It was pretty sweet!
 
Tuesday was awesome because we got free Starbucks!  It is fairly interesting, I have had more starbucks as a missionary than ever before in my life...but that is a sidenote.  Anywho, Sister White and I were having a spanish study together, learning reflexives, and our DL calls us to ask if we have a large print book of mormon that they can have.  Well we searched all over and finally found one.  We told him that we would only give it to him as a trade...2 vanilla bean starbucks for 1 large print BoM.  Well he said, "Sure, see you soon."  and we thought that was the end of it, not really beliving that he would bring it to us.  Well about 20 minutes later, they knock on the door and when we answered, there they were two GIANT vanilla bean frapps(fear not, they are WoW approved).  As we start to thank him, Elder Hartung says "So, apparently they just assume that you want the BIGGEST ones!  Those are the most expensive drinks I've bought in my life!"  It was really funny and we were quite grateful!  They were scrumcious and neither of us wanted to eat dinner an hour later because we were stuffed!
 
Wednesday we got to go to the temple!  I love the temple!!!!  It was as wonderful as always and I got to see Hermana Anderson!  Holy smokes I love that girl!  It was so nice!  Also when our ride took us out to lunch, I ran into Juan Hernandez....Elcy's brother in law!!!  If you dont remember Elcy go back to my blog of last July.  She was my first baptism here in Arizona and was living with her sister and her sisters husband...Juan!  Oh golly, it was such a tender mercy!
 
Those were the really big events that happened this week.  Me and Hna Adams are doing good.  We dont have a ton of investigators, but that is ok.  We are out working hard and trying to visit people and one of them is going to stick.  I am grateful for the visits that we have had and the people we have met.  I think the Lord wants to make sure I really sweat it out these last few months....more like weeks I guess!  Scary!
 
We have seen a bunch of miracles, and really watching the sisters that we live with baptize all of their amazing investigators has been the biggest blessing for me and I feel like it is actually keeping me grounded and more focused.  But pray for us!  Pray that we have the ganas to talk to everyone we see and that we can find the elect here who are ready for the Gospel!
 
In way of a few announcements....
Next week is transfer week!!!  Ah!  Sunday night will tell the rest of my mission!  LOCO!!
Also, I am sure you have heard the announcement about the special fireside meeting thing on the 23rd of June.  It is going to be historic and bigger than Christmas, so everyone make plans to go!
 
That is all I have for now!  Love you guys, thanks for all you do for me!  I feel your prayers and am grateful for them! 
 
Love Hermana Parry





No comments:

Post a Comment