background

Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 74


President Howes Has Gone The Way Of The Earth
Things here in the Arizona Tempe Mission are going pretty great!  It is pretty nuts because as of now, the missionaries I have been serving with are in 4 different missions and President and Sister Howes are not longer here...it is President and Sister Toone.  That is SO wierd!
I have come to love and respect President and Sister Howes SO much!  They have cared for me, and helped me to grow and let me be crazy me and I will be forever grateful for the time I was able to serve with them.  What a blessing!

Other than that, this was a pretty average week, but not in a bad way.  Hermana Jensen and I are learning how to work together and we are having a lot of fun.  She is different than any of my other companions...a lot more uptight...but she is a really good missionary, she just needs to relax a little so that it comes out more.  It is kind of funny though, how different we really are.  When we are at things like lessons or dinner and a little kid starts to talk to her she gets a little annoyed and is always trying to find a way to get them to stop talking to her so that she can be a part of the "grown up conversation", where as I am never happier than when the 4 year old kid is showing me all of his toys.

That actually leads me to a relatively adorable story.  So last night we had dinner with the Thompson Family.  They are SO cute!  Well their 8 year old daughter was showing me all of the drawings that she had done( and funny note, she puts price tags on them and has her parents buy them from her.  No gifts in that house!!!) and along with the drawings that she puts in her art show she also gives drawing lessons.  Well I told her that I cant draw and her 4 year old brother says "Drawing is easy, you just go like this and like this", as he drew with his finger.  Well then he said "I will teach you to draw, and what else cant you do?  I will teach you!"  And so he grabbed some paper and he taught me how to draw and then said "You are a great drawer!"  It was SO fun, and it really was funny because I was listening to both kids at the same time, as I have learned to do, and their mom was SO impressed.  Ha ha.  I think that getting to know all of the sweet memebers in my wards is one of my most favorite parts of my mission.  Such a blessing!

In other news, Hermana White got an ET call this Friday, (just due to some medical problems with another sister) and she will be going to Yuma today.  It is really sad, we dont want her to leave at all!!  But I am jealous that she is making it to Yuma, I always wanted to get there.  Blast!  But we went out on splits on Saturday night and it was SO fun!  We had some fun, our dinner tried to set her up with their son who is cute and lives in Utah, and then we had a REALLY anit lesson that we ended up ending by excusing ourselves in the middle of the lesson.  It was insane!  This guy was pretty nice, just REALLY confused and it just made me so SO grateful for the knowledge of the fullness of the gospel in my life!  Whoo!  What a relief!

And in other random fun news, We had our first Hubooob last night.  We all sat at the window and watched it.  It came after dark so you couldnt see the dust super well, but you could smell it and there was lots of wind and lightning!  So cool!
Well that is about all that I have for you this week!  Thanks for all the love and prayers!  You are great!
Con Muchisisisisisimos Amor,
Hermana Parry

Service Project, rocking some hats!



Me and Jensy

No comments:

Post a Comment