background

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 56

Well, we had transfer meeting and Me and Thompsy did not get to stay together. While this was not a shock, it still made me sad. I miss her MUCHO, but that is ok. She got to go to Chandler, which is where I left my heart, so I am excited for her to get to meet all of the people I love! I am now serving in Queen Creek. It is really close to Gilbert, in fact I cover some of Gilbert. So that is nice because it is like coming home a little bit. Queen Creek is just further east and south and there are a lot of parts of it that are very country! There are lots of cows and horses and trucks here. It is pretty fun. I am serving with Hermana Natalie(cool right) Lemon from Providence, Utah. She is really sweet and reminds me ALOT of Hermana Hansen. I really like her, she is very very sweet and I know I am going to learn a lot from her. She has been out 9 months and is really a powerhouse of a missionary. She works hard, has TONs of faith and very little pride. And as the grapevine may have already told you, I am indeed in the same ward as the Christensens(a family who used to be in my home ward in WX) I saw Karen in relief society and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and looked at me for minute, confused as to who was tapping her and then she recognized me, we both squealed a little and hugged. It sort of disrupped RS for a minute, but it was so nice to see her. And then I got to see her kids and Cory and everything. It was so great and I sure am grateful. You may have also heard that my mission is gonna be split! The mission split is pretty crazy, but we have been hearing rumors about it inside of the mission for a few months so I was not to shocked. It will be a lot of craziness right before I leave and it will be kind of sad to have my exit interview with someone I dont know to much, but that is what would have happened anyways. It will all be ok and I am excited for what the split will do for the work here. It is weird meeting new people here because when I tell them that I have been out about 14 months they all say "Wow, you are getting close to going home then?" to which I reply "NO!!!! Oh wait...I guess so". It is just so weird, I feel like I jsut got here, but now it is getting close to the end! Yikes! As far as for me and things that are happening in Queen Creek. So we live in this old guest house in someones backyard...well it is pretty sweet and we lived there with 2 english sisters as well. Well on Wednesday at transfer meeting the sisters found out that they were going to be movign into another little house today....well good thing that was in the plans becasue on Thursday morning our bathroom plumbing freaked out and out of nowhere the toliet just started pouring water everywhere! And then has just kept being crazy but the people who own the house are out of town so we cant get it fixed or anthing so we are without a bathroom. So we all moved into the sisters new house until they can get our plumbing fixed! It is crazy! The house is TINY, but really really nice and the family who lives in the main house is SO nice! I would really like for it to be us that lives there, but no such luck! :) Other than that, it has just been a first week. I am working to learn the area and get to know what is up. But I am loving it! I need you all to write me letters to my cloud house this week if you could. I need a letter with my address on it so that I can get a library card ( I am borrowing one right now), so if you could be so kind, I would love it! The Church is True! This is the Lords work! And I am SO grateful to be a part of it! Love Hermana Parry Cleaning up the Flood Me and Lemon The Colemans guest house

No comments:

Post a Comment