background

Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 57

?Te Gusta Miel?
 Another week has come and gone and this has been a pretty great week. We started out being able to get back into our house! Miracle, but it still smells weird so I am not sure that the plumbing problem is fixed, but alas. We taught a few great lessons and have been finding a bunch of people to visit with, less acitive memebers as well as investigators. We also hit our goal of having 10 member present lessons which hasnt happened in a long time in QC. We had a really cool experience on Sunday. We have a member who brought her friend Jackie to church last week. Well this week the member was out of town and so we didnt really plan on having Jackie at church. But lo and behold when we got to the church there was Jackie! Plus she had brought her 15 year old daughter. It was so neat to see her there on her own and also as we chatted she told us all about how she wants to be baptised as soon as possible, how she really wants to join the church and how much she wants to go to the temple and get garments. I thought that that was really neat. She can already see how things like the temple bless her friend and she wants that too. It is really neat. It is a testimony to me that there really are people that are prepared by the Lord and how a friend can truly prepare people. We were also able to have a baptism of 8 and 9 year old siblings whose mother is a returning less active and their father is not a member. That was a really special experience because the dad was visibly feeling the spirit and it was so sweet to watch him express his pride to his children for the decision that they had made. I am grateful for the love that the gospel brings into peoples lives...even when the person doesnt realize that they have a testimony of the gospel. It was so great. Well I will just tell you a few fun stories before I end. First of all, my momma, Hermana Mugar came to visit and I was able to see her. That always makes me really happy to see her. She always makes me feel like I can conquer the world and the work! Also, we were talking to some people at a gas station on Saturday and one of the weirdest things happened to me. This whole conversation was in spanish, but I will translate.... Soltero(Mexican Man, Former Investigator): Te gusta miel? "Do you like honey?" said in a weird voice Me: ???Uhhhh,, Si? "Sure....." Soltero: Pues, Ven mija! "Well then come *insert pet name*" Me: *no movement because I was feeling a little wierded out* And then out of his backpack he pulls this GIANT bottle of honey and gave it to me as a gift! Hahaha Being a missionary is fun! I love you all! Love Nat
Me and Sam, helping with sams sisters wedding
First Summer Time Ice Cream Cone
Flowers from a Gator
The Honey
Me and my Mugsy
Me Lemon Musgsy and Adams

  Teagan and Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment