Sunday, February 17, 2013
Week 54
Weeeeeeehelllll,
What a week this has been! It feels like absolutly the longest week ever, but not because it was bad or anything, just a lot of stuff has gone on recently.
First of all, we started off the week a little bit rocky! Pobrecita Hna Thompson was sick on Monday. It was really weird because she doesnt really get sick and even if she does, she just toughs it out. So to have her say that she was feeling sick enough to stay in was pretty bad. But we got home, she layed on the ground with her feet on a chair, ate some microwave popcorn and started to feel a little better.
Then on Tuesday we had the first day of our 2 day zone conference. Both days were really good, we learned a lot and got to do a lot of roleplays. I really hate roleplays, but I know that I really do learn a lot from them. Well on day 2, President Howes had me and Hna Thompson do a roleplay in front of everyone....something that Hna Thompson brought on us by staring all crazy like at P. Howes when he was looking for someone to do it. I told her to stop looking all crazy, but President heard "Fake Cramps!" I dont know how, but that is what he heard and he asked "Hna Parry, did you just tell her to fake cramps?", in front of the whole zone. It was pretty hilarious. So we get up to do our roleplay and then at the end I got a little sassy with Elder Callaway(who was playing the investigator) and so we finish and Pres asks the group "Ok, what was good and what could be improved?" Well Hna Taylor calls out, "When she started giving him attitude it went a little wrong", to which President responded "No, that is just Hna Parry, she is sassy and that is what we love about her." It was just really funny and sorta crazy.
Wednesday we ended zone conference by starting up our exchanges. I finally got to be companions with Hna Taylor, and it was blissful, even though it was just for 24 hours! Oh we had so much fun together. The very best part was on Thursday when Hna Taylor and I decided to sidewalk chalk "The Plan Of Salvation" at a park. It was really great. We drew it out and then asked all the people who passed us, "Hey, do you know what this is? It is Gods plan for you!" It was really neat and then about halfway through, school got out and all these kids came walking by and asked if they could draw too. Well we didnt want them to draw on our plan so we gave them another little area to sraw in. About 2 minutes in one of the kids said "You have to draw something about God!" so all of these little kids drew picutres about God. It was a really neat experience.
Exchanges were fun, but it made me really appreciate my compy and reminded me how glad I am to have her as my companion. she is wonderful and I am really dreading the day we have to split up!
Oh man, to much stuff to share....
We also had a sweet ward party in Rio Salado for V-day and it was really really great. Our investigator Carlos came, Miracle Carlos, and he had a lot of fun.
It was really just overall a really amazing, spiritual, awesome week and I am grateful that I got to have it. I am grateful for my time as a missionary and am just loving every minute of it!
Love you all!
Love Hna Parry
Thomps "healing"
Me and Taylor
Plan of Salvation



Obispo Rogers, Miracle Carlos and Us
Thomps and the Jelly Fish I made her

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment