background

Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 35

The coolest part about this week is that we had so many ward members step in and involve themselves in teaching our investigators. That is such an enormous blessing! And we definately saw the effect that it had with our gators. We were able to have 4 of them at church on Sunday because there fellowships asked them if they wanted a ride and helped them to get there. Oh it was so awesome and I am so so grateful to them! We also had another member family involve themselves in a family home evening. It has been so cool to see these members catch the spirit of missionary work and find a love for these investigators! We are also working with some really great less actives. Two of them are cousins, Carlos and Manuel, and they are from the Dominican Republic (one of, if not my favorite countries). They are really amazing. Both are relatively recent converts whose wives asked us to teach them the lessons again. They have just gotten sort of cold in the Gospel, but Hna Escobar and I are determined to change that. We are also teaching a 20 year old kid named Eduardo. I met him my first night in Chandler, before I got transferred here, and I told Hna Escobar that she needed to get him to church. And now I am here and I get to help her. I really love him, he just wants to change his life and that is cool. He is being sort of a stinker about church because he plays soccer on Sundays, but he has been reading the Book Of Mormon and praying and he says he can really feel a difference in his life. It is really such a blessing to get to meet all of the people that I do! Speaking of people...Laura is awesome! She came to the Relief Society General Broadcast on Saturday and then to church on Sunday! Oh it is just so fabulous. She is the sweetest lady and she can see the Gospel working in her life. She wants to read the whole Book of Mormon before she gets baptized....which is hard, but she warms up more and more to getting baptized sooner than that the more we talk. She is such an amazing woman! Well that is about all I have for this week. It has been a great one and I have learned a lot! I am so excited for next week! I love General Conference. We are working so hard to be able to get people to come and watch conference with us. And I want to issue a challenge to all of you...Invite a non member or less active/inactive member to watch one of the sessions with you. There is great power in the voice alone of the Prophet and in the messages he shares. Share that with someone else! Well I love you all so much and hope that things continue to go well for you. Mucho Amor! Hna Parry The Elders gave us a tie bag...this is after we sorted it all out.
The startings of the SWEET bag I am making out of some of the ties
Hna Escobar with some of the Hermanas from the ward at the RS dinner
Me with Laura(farthest from me) and Corazon.

1 comment:

  1. That tie bag looks awesome. I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete