background

Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 38

OOOOOOH WE'RE HALF WAY THERE..... This was a crazy week, I hit my 9 month mark!?!?!?! Can you believe that? I cant. I feel like I just got here and like I still dont know a darn thing. But, then I look back at the last 9 months and all I have done and how much I have grown and I realize it has indeed been that long. I still have SO SO SO much to do and learn and become in the next 9 months and the time feels SO short, but I know that I can do it and I just need to keep having faith, keep working hard, and everything will be ok. Things here have been a little crazy this week. While Hna Escobar and I didn't get transferred, we did pick up two new English wards! Which is insane because we were already swamped and so it has been stressful, but in a blessed way. With just our Spanish ward we had like 11 or 12 investigators, and now we have like 18 or 20 investigators. That makes like NUTS, but in a good way. And really it is not a complaint because the other companionship's in the zone average 3 or 4 investigators, so we really are being blessed, but as we try to get organized and such it is a little loco! I am excited to be in english work again. I love spanish work and I would never want to go solo spanish, but there are just so many things that I learn when I am in english work and working with a more established ward council that I feel make me so much more efficiant in my spanish work and things that I can bring to my spanish wards to help them grow, so I am excited. Plus we came into the stake just in time for the "Stake Fair". That was fun! We had a missionary booth where we had a bean bag toss and the guess what the prizes where? Ties and Pass-Along cards! It was so sweet! Remember the tie bag we got from the elders a couple weeks ago? Well we brought that and I have to say, our booth was the favorite! And we had a lot of fun! Well that is really all, we had a lot of lessons and I must say, I am at the point where I am in love with Chandler and the people that I am working with here! We have amazing investigators, and amazing less actives that are all trying so hard to know who there Savior is and do what is right. It makes me so grateful to be a missionary and even thought it is hard sometimes, I am loving it! I am sad that I dont get to see the leaves change or feel like it is fall. I miss that, the seasons. My ward was talking about going to the temple next week and drinking hot chocolate.....it is still 78 in the evening....who drinks hot chocolate in 78 degree weather! These Arizonians are crazy! :) But it is starting to get to be nice-ish weather here and I hear in the winter we will hit a low of....60 during the day! Jajaja. It will be nice for missionary work though. Well folks, that is about all! Thanks for all you guys do for me, for all the letters and prayers. I appreciate it! Love Hermana Parry Eating a Mexican Hot Chocolate Paleta at Paleta Bettys
The Pumpkin and Guava rolls we ate on Monday!
Hna Escobar and the GIANT caterpillar she almost stepped on.
Half Birthday Slushies
Fernando and Claudia and Briana
Our sweet tie booth
Elder Ash rocking the best tie we had (plus his makeshift fishing pole)
Me at our tie booth
Stake Fair Fotos
What Clowns

No comments:

Post a Comment