background

Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 34

First of all, That is so cool that the Brigham City Temple got dedicated! I am hoping that the Gilbert Temple is done before I leave, but I dont think that it will be, so I will just have to come back down for a visit when it is finished and dedicated. There is such a powerful spirit in a community when a temple is going up. It is weird, I see the temple a lot more now that I am in Chandler than I did in Gilbert because it in right near our stake center, and it is just so cool to see it towering in front of us! Well in other news, this was a pretty good week all in all. There were definitely some rough spots, but those are good for us I guess. We had an FHE with our ward, which was good, but the hardest thing about being a missionary I think, it getting out of places. We were there WAY to long, but didn't know how to leave without it seeming rude or awkward. We just need one of those Hermione Granger time turners so we can get everything done. Tuesday was great because it was mine and Hna Escobars 8th Birthday!!! I cannot believe that! That means we can get baptized now! Ha ha. But we have said that it is baptism month and we are going to work even harder and push a little stronger to help people make that covenant with the Lord. Wednesday was great, it was temple trip day. This was an extra special temple trip day because I got to see all the missionaries from Gilbert that I miss so much, and also Johnny was there! It was great to get to see everyone. We also got to go back later that night because we took some gators to the visitors center. That is always so cool, the spirit is always so strong there and it is just powerful. Thursday was horrific...ok, that isnt true, a lot of really wonderful things happened on Thursday, but we taught a lesson outside and I got ATTACKED by mosquitoes! Literally attacked. I counted my bites as I put cortisone on them...79 on my right leg and 53 on the left. Oh man alive it is horrible. But Milagro, right after the outside lesson, just as I was about to scratch my legs right off, we got to Laura's house and like a good mom does, she ran and got me some cream and saved my life! Thank Goodness! The pinnacle of this week was Abraham and Daisy's baptism. Now I did not teach Abraham and Daisy, the elders did, but man...they are just the greatest couple ever! They got baptized 3 weeks and a day after they found the missionaries. Thats right, they found the elders and asked them to come teach them. They have such strong desires to follow God and to raise their son in the gospel. Man, it was just cool and it makes me remember that there truly are prepared people out there and if I am doing my best, well then, the Lord is going to lead me to them, or them to me. What a blessing! That is about all for this week, it really was good. We taught, we testified, and we helped further the work of the Lord. Doesnt get much better than that! I love you all! Siempre Con Amor, Hermana Parry After the ATTACK!!!
Me and Hna Escobar being silly
Clearly we knocked anyways. !Viva La Virgen!
We caught the "member present fever" at interviews!

1 comment: