Monday, October 8, 2012
Week 36
What a wonderful conference weekend it was indeed! None of our investigators came and watched conference with us, which is sorta lame, but thanks to the milagro of technology a lot of them watched it in their homes. What a gosh darn huge blessing! I got to watch both Saturday sessions in English and the Sunday sessions in Spanish. I got more out of them in English, but was able to understand and get the point of them in Spanish. I clearly enjoyed the announcement by Pres. Monson, but more than just that I loved that his first sentence was "What a great day, Conference Day!" I loved that. And the whole mission age change thing is super crazy and super cool though, I would be so sad if Jess left before I got home. But I would deal with it. :) Some of my other favorites included Quentin L Cooks "can you feel so now", Robert C Gays "Would you sell your soul for a nickel", Jeffery R Hollands "lifelong disciple" and Elder Bednars "Testimony vs. Conversion" talks. But HOMBRE!!! Conference is so great! And yeah, I gleaned a follow me, be true disciples of the Savior vibe. It was so awesome!
This has been a pretty good week, but also semi frustrating. But such is the life of a missionary I guess. On Monday we had the awesome opportunity to have a FHE with F and C and the Elders came and gave them blessings and that was so cool. They really felt the power of the priesthood and knew that it was true. Then they and then the member there gave his daughter a blessing and then taught the girls a lesson. It made me sort of home sick and I just started bawling because it was so wonderful to see that father teaching his children the Gospel and using his priesthood to bless his family. It made me really grateful for the opportunity I have had in my life to always have access to the priesthood. But Tuesday was a downer. We went by and talked to F and C and they told us that they know that it is true...but C still doesn't want to get baptized because she doesn't want to live the commandments which is so silly because she already is. It is just hard to watch people exercise their agency in the wrong way. F wants to get baptized so they just need to get married and he will....but C is also dragging her feet a little on that. But she really does have a desire to follow the Savior, she is just scared.
And then to add to that day, we had another lesson with a Testigo do Jehova at our gators house! But this time there was a member there and she wanted us to invite the TJ to take the lessons and it was all just sorta nuts. But that is ok, it all went well except for the prayer when the TJ then asked what Gods name is, like they seem to like to do, and she got a smidgen heated over our answers. But really she is a kind woman and we usually have cordial encounters with her.
Wednesday was fun, we had a Spanish missionaries training, I always like to get together with all the Spanish missionaries, so I really enjoyed myself. Then things got a little rough because I got a cold. It was horrible and i was just so sick on Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday. I hate being sick as a missionary because I feel so bad for my companion who just has to sit at home. But I am feeling much better now, that heavens!
Well that is about all that happened with me. Our investigators are still moving along, slowly, but still in a forward direction. Same with our menos activos, so for that I am grateful. Me and Hna Escobar are still just having so much fun together and we are learning a lot.
Arizona is finally cooling down and it is finally nice outside in the late afternoons and evenings. We had a lesson outside after conference on Saturday and I actually enjoyed it. It doenst feel like fall yet or anything and I don't think it will, but it is cool and for that I am glad.
Well that is about all I have for now. I am so grateful for you all and for taking the time to read my blog. I am blessed with such great family and friends. One of the elders told me that after you have been out for 6 months that you never get letters and everyone forgets about you....dont do that to me ok? Ok great! Love you all!
Con Amor,
Hermana Parry
The cool bows we made from ties. You can only sorta see them...sorry
Super Cool Tie Headband. We are really loving ties right now.
Our "Man Do We Love Chandler" Wall. Reminding us to stay grateful.
Our Wall
Being Silly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love all of the tie accessories. Super talented.
ReplyDelete