Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Week 32
?Donde Esta La Hermana Parry?
I know that this is the question on everyone's mind....so here it comes....WAIT FOR IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
I am now serving in Chandler!!! AND...you might remember my new companion from a little place called the MTC. Thats right people Parry and Escobar are reunited...and it feels so good!
Thats right, I am serving with Hna Escobar again. It is so crazy...we were both sure we were training...but no. The Lord is doing something crazy because he has a 6 weeker training a brand newby and they white washed their area!!!!!(which means they are both new there). It is so crazy, but it is good. I am so excited to be in Chandler. It is such a different experience for me. I am only in spanish work here, which isnt something I have ever done. Plus there are actually places in Chandler where you can go to find hispanics. People on the street speak spanish and there are TRAILER PARKS!!! Oh man, it is so fun.
Hna Escobar and I are doing well. She is still a worrier and sometimes gets offended for other people, but that is ok. I know that I was companions with Hna Hansen to prepare me to be a better companion for Hna Escobar. I am going to work hard and try my best to help her feel happy.
It is sort of weird, after 6 months in Gilbert, this doesnt feel like my area yet. I like it and all, but my heart still belongs to Gilbert. I know that will change when I find someone here to give my heart to, but it is just funny. Whenever I reference my gators or my area or my ward, I am always talking about Gilbert and then I have to remember that I am not going back there...for a while at least.
That is really all of my news for this week, we have been contacting people and meeting people and I still dont really know what is going on yet. It has been a long time since I felt like I had no idea what was going on or where I was. It is really exciting and I know it is going to help me to grow alot.
Oh one funny/inappropriate experience. We were trying to contact an investigator or a potential last week (I am not sure, dont remember) and when she opened her door the first thing I see is her tv, on which she is watching an highly innappropriate movie. In my mind I yelled AH! But she closed the door relatively quickly and talked to us outside. But the problem with a trailer is, the walls are very thin and the whole time we were talking we could hear the "love scene" in the background. Oh man, it was so funny to talk about the gospel with that in the background. Being a missionary is really funny sometimes.
My new District Leader is really cool and the first thing he said in the car on the way home (to his new companion, but I overheard) was "I dont know how you feel about miracles, but we see alot of them here." I really loved that and I have sort of made it my motto here in Chandler. It has been really cool to focus on the miracles that we get to see everyday. One miracle story. Yesterday we were in an apartment complex talking to people and we stopped to talk to this guy. His name was Michael. He was so cool, he said he had been having some rough times and was staying with his sister but that he had been taking the lessons before. We gave him our phone number and invited him to start learning again. He said as soon as he had his own place that he would call us. When we asked if there was anything we could do for him he just said "could we pray?" And so we did, we had a prayer right there in the middle of an apartment complex. And the same thing happened to us a couple days before, only it was a less active and we were in a trailer park. But it has been cool to see that the Lord really is leading us to his children that need him.
Well that is about all. Thanks everyone for all of your love and support! You are wonderful!
Les Quiero!!!
Hna Parry
Saying Goodbye to Hna Mugar, Hna Hansen, and Hna Farley
Sweet chair made out of a palm tree
Did you know that they stucco trailers? Well they do.
But some they dont.
This is how we get into one of the trailer parks.
We get to do such fun things in skirts as missionaries.
Reunited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How awesome! I know you will bless the lives of the people in Chandler.
ReplyDelete