background

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 33

Dog Fight Well another week has come and gone here in Chandler. As far as Chandler goes, I am really loving it here for the most part. I desperately miss my recent converts and all of the wonderful ward members in Gilbert, but I know that with time I will find those same people here that will steal part of my heart. My hope is that I am just as devastated to leave Chandler and then my next area after that. That will mean that I really did put my whole heart and soul into it. Being companions with Hna Escobar again is actually really fun. We have both grown so much since the MTC and it is cool to go into a companionship already kind of knowing how the other person works. We have saved a lot of adjustment time. And really, we are just having so much fun. We work hard, we stress out, we get bummed, but most of all we laugh...A LOT...and that is a really blessing and I am so grateful! My impressions of Chandler...well it is fun here. I love the trailer parks and that I can actually oym people in spanish. My spanish is still really REALLY lacking, but being here with Hna Escobar is really good for my spanish because neither of us is great at it so we both have to work harder and speak more and I am loving that. We had some fun times this week, so I will share a few stories.... On Wedneday we were out oyming and we talked to this family. As we were leaving the 2ish year old boy started waving and screaming "BYE!!!", he did this until we were literally out of sight. It was really cool because I just got this overwhelming feeling that that little boy knew exactly who we were. He felt the spirit and he recognized it, and that was really amazing! Thursday was possible the most fun day ever!!! We were doing some visits in our favorite trailer park. the one with the sweet "back door" aka the hole in the fence, and this little chihuahua run over to us. First he barked and then I petted him and then he loved us. Well we left the trailer park, through the back door of course and cachorrito(that is what I called him) followed us. Well he ended up following us up the block to a potentials house. We opened the gate and go in to knock on the door, when out from around the house come two other dogs. So I hurry and call cachorro out and close the gate, but Hna Escobar was still inside! So these dogs basically charge her, but fortunately there was a broom on the porch. So she fences of these dogs with a broom and I am just laughing so hard that I don't even know what to do. Oh man it was so so funny! By the way, these were also chihuahuas. Well pay back is a kick in the teeth because not 15 minutes later, as we are walking down the street, still with cachorrito, a HUGE pit bull comes running around the fence and Hna Escobar yells "RUN HERMANA!". Oh my lanta, it was SO scary, but in the end the pit bull just chased cachorro for a minute and then went home. But man! Not to mention both of these times, there were TONS of people out watching us, so I am sure they just think the best of the Mormons now. :) This is turning into a really long post, but just a couple more things. On Friday we taught an AMAZING woman named Laura. She is so sweet and said that every time she had seen missionaries in the past she just wanted to talk to them but she didn't know why. Well we are teaching her now and I love her, so just pray that she keeps her fire! Lastly, Saturday was FUN! It was the "Noche International". Basically everyone in the ward brings food from their countries( Escobar and I brought french fries from Idaho and Fry Sauce from Utah) and then there is a talent show and a dance. Well it is a huge event and there were like 300 people that came and it was just so fun and cultural. Us and the Elders did a "talent". On YouTube there is a video called "one semester of Spanish love song" and we did this, but it was the "espanol de dos americanos". It was really really silly, but the ward loved it. So it was fun! All in all it has been a good week, I am still loving the work and loving the people and growing every single day. I am almost at 8 months! That is just insane to me how fast time has flown by. I feel like if I blink I will be home and there is just still so much I want to learn before that happens. Mainly Spanish and how to be a good teacher! Jajaja. Well I sure do love you all...LOTS! Keep writing to me, I love getting your letters! Until next time, Love Hermana Parry Hna Escobar and Cachorro doing missionary work
Cachorro
Me and Cachorro
Matching Goucho Pants. (I have been envious of Hna Escobars gouchos since the MTC, but last week I found some and goodwill and I wear them every chance I get!)

No comments:

Post a Comment