Thursday, July 5, 2012
Week 22
Another Day In The Life
Well here we are, another week in Arizona being a missionary. I must say that things here are good not always perfect, but they are pretty darn great.
Things with Sister Hansen are still a work in progress. I really do love her a lot and I love being her companion, but it is still just a change. She is far less relaxed than Mugsy was. But in some ways that is good for me. Every time I get annoyed or discouraged, I can see exactly why Heavenly Father put us together. She is helping me change and grow for the better. Change is hard and uncomfortable sometimes but I am becoming a better missionary and a better person by being her companion. Just keep praying that I have patience.
The work here is going really well. We are not super busy but the investigators that we have are all just so amazing and solid that it doesnt matter that we are a touch slow. Heavenly Father is truly blessing Sister Hansen and I and he definately has prepared people here to hear the Gospel. We just need to keep being worthy and qualified to find them.
Yovanka and Elcy had their baptismal interviews on Sunday and we are now just waiting until Saturday. I cant wait, I just want it to be Saturday today! They are both so wonderful and amazing. This week when we taught Yovanka she was telling us that she would never forget us and we just talked about how we were family now. I know that I didnt want to come to Arizona at first but it becomes more and more clear to me that the Lord truley does know me and what I need. The fact that these people, that truley are becoming family to me, only like a days drive away is a huge blessing! I am so grateful that they are close enough to me that they can continue to be a part of my life and that I can be part of theirs.
So yeah, all in all the work is moving forward, not because of anything that I am doing, but I am grateful to be a part of it and I am so excited to send pictures home next week. Man, the Gospel is just so darn true and it really does change lives. I am blessed to have been born into it and to have never had to live without it. LUCKY! Thanks mom and dad!
Other than that the week hasnt had a ton of exciting things. Just the unglamorous part of missionary work; knocking unanswered doors, calling unreachable potentials and just general finding. But if it was all glamorous we wouldnt grow or appreciate it so I really am just as grateful for the unfun times as I am the fun ones.
We are teaching a really really old Chilean lady...she is 87 and her sister is 90. Dont tell grandpa that I said that was two reallys old! Ha Ha. But she is REALLY hard to understand, it is a wonder that Q ever learned to understand spanish learning from the chileans. But she is really sweet and we love teaching her.
We also started teaching a woman named Rosie. She is a member referal and is super sweet but she works on sundays so we were worried...but the Lord is working miracles. During our first block of church we got a call from her fellowship saying that by some chance Rosie didnt have to work that sunnday and wanted to come to church!!! She came and she stayed for all three hours and loved all three!!!! It was so amazing!
And then to make our sunday even more miraculous all 5 of our investigators were in church on Sunday. And we had members at nearly all of our lessons. We are blessed!!!
It is really hot here, but we are not on fire. That is a blessing I had not thought of, but one to be grateful for! I will pray that you all can get some rain soon!
That is about all the info I have got at this point. Thank you all for all of your love and support. Please keep writing me, I love getting your letters so much. They brighten my days and give me strenghth.
The Church is true! Jesus Christ is at the head! We have a living prophet! What a blessed state we are in!
Con Amor,
Hna Parry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad the work is going well. We will continue to pray for you and your companion.
ReplyDelete