Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Week 23
Piggy Feetsies!!!
Well lets see, there has been a lot of stuff that has happened this week. First of all was Monday, that was a real treat. We had a noche de hogar with the spanish branch and two of our investigators came! Yay! One was Elcy and the other was a woman named Rosie and her two kids. We have only taught Rosie once, last week, but since then she has come to every church function. She is awesome. But anyways at our NdH we had a lesson that was the exact opposite of the lesson that you want your investigator to hear in the first weeks of their conversion and investigation of the church. First of all it was a 40 minute lesson...for families and kids that is long, you know this. But we also talked about heavenly mother, the fact that we were intelligences, that the priesthood does something crazy and that patriarchs are basically prophets. Some of it was factual, some was false doctorine....all of it was WAY to deep for a family night and for an investigator. But Heavenly Father knows what He is doing and Rosie didnt seem phased. Also in great news, the branch has done such a great job at fellowshipping her and inviting her into our ward family (something that they occasionally struggle with) so we are really appreciatve of them and their support.
Wednesday was the 4th of July as you may know. Ha ha. I was so sad about the 4th of July because I sure do love fireworks and this year i didnt get to see them, which is sad. But Heavenly Father blessed me. It rained here on the 4th of july. I love the rain for one, plus it cooled Gilbert off a lot. We didnt do a whole lot on the 4ht, but we were invited to a breakfast and a lunch and a dinner. People here really are kind to us and I sure do appreciate that. We had to be in our houses by 8pm, we to celebrate the 4th we just put our pajamas on early and hung out as room mates. And that was really delightful.
Oh one other fun expeirince(I cant spell anymore). On Thursday we had dinner with Clark and Yovanka. Now Clark served a mission and so he told Yovanka that she should make us something crazy because it is good for missionaries to have those experiences...well she delivered. On Thursday night I ate pigs feet!!! It was so funny, right when we walked in Yovanka told us "I made you something different, if you dont like it tell me and we will order pizza", she is so funny. It was super weird, mostly just skin and fat and bones, but it was in a really yummy soup. It is not something I would ever choose, but I could eat it again.
Ok now on to the stuff that really matters! I have never felt anything so wonderful and spiritual and indescribable as I was able to feel on Saturday. Elcy and Yovanka got baptised!!! It was really the most joy I think that I have ever felt. First of all, Yovankas husband Clark got the ok to baptise her like 2 days before and that was so special to begin with. Then to be baptized with her friend. Amazing.
We got to stand back right above the stairs in the font. Yovanka went first and as she walked down the stairs into the font, Elcy reached over and just pulled me into a hug and started to cry and we just stayed in that hug the whole way through Yovankas baptism. When she went down into the water I just felt this "whoosh" of the Spirit, like I could literally feel her life changing. After, she walked up the stairs crying and soaking wet and pulled me into a hug. Half way into the hug she realized she was wet and started to apologize but I told her exactly what I was feeling, that I didnt want to be anywhere else but in that hug! As we hugged she told me that she loved me, first in spanish and then in english. I think she wanted to make sure I knew. And I told her the same thing, but in reverse. Then it was Elcys turn and the same thing. Yovanka and Hna Hansen and I just held hands and cried as Elcy went into the water and I felt the same "whoosh" , for Elcy the "whoosh" was different though because on Tuesday she told us that she had had a dream in which someone told her that her life had a plan and a purpose and that she was about to fine that, and with her baptism I know that is just around to corner. But yeah, she was baptized and afterwards the same wet tear filled joyful hug. Oh, I wish that these words could ever come close to describing how I felt or how I feel right now. I just love them SO much and am so lucky to have had the opportunity to be there with them as they have come to know their Savior. I thought it could never get better than that...but on Sunday when they got confirmed, I felt the same way. They were sitting on the stand in the circle, Yovanka first again, and as soon as they started the prayer a smile just broke out on my face and the spirit was so strong and I just couldnt help but cry I was so happy and that smile and those tears just kept coming all the way through Elcys confirmation too.
It was so unbelievable special to see these two beautiful daughters of our Heavenly Father take the first step to following him. I cant believe I was so lucky to get to be here with them and to know them!
Being a missionary is the hardest, scariest, most frustrating blessing I have ever recieved. I know so grateful to be here. I know that the church is true and I am so happy to be a missionary. I love you all!
Love Hermana Parry
Finger Mustaches
4th of July Rain
Pig Feet Soup
Clark and Yovanka
All of Us:Sister Mugar came!
Me and Mugsy and Yovanka and Elcy
Me and Yovanka and Elcy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful day. It's always an amazing experience to watch someone change their lives. I'm glad you got to be a part of it.
ReplyDelete