Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Week 24
The Golden Unicorn
As far as topping last week I dont think that it can be topped....that baptism was just the greatest day of my life. But we have been SO blessed here, and we had the opportunity of seeing two more of our investigators make their first covenant with our Padre Celestial!
Angela was baptised by her husband on Thursday. She is such a special lady. She is the one who before her first lesson went to the visitors center and told them she needed to watch a movie to prepare for her first missionary discussion. She is so sweet. And it is so cool to watch a family get completed so that they can then prepare for the temple together. I have had a lot of that...well 2 of my 4 so I think that that is alot. But Angela and her husband LD already are planning their sealing and that is super wonderful.
Then, because the Lord had just prepared people, we were able to see Alexa (alexandrea, fun!) get baptised on Saturday. She is a really special girl that we were so lucky to get to teach. She is actually in the singles ward which we do not cover, but the elders thought she would so better with us. She grew up in an LDS home, but when her parents got divorced when she was like 7 they both fell away from the church for a time, but her dad and step mom have been active for alot of years but it just wasnt something Alexa wanted...but then came Kay. Kay is a good friend of Alexas. She was baptised when she was 8 but her family left the church soon after, but about 3 months ago, Kay decided that her life needed more and she turned to the Gospel and found it. And then she jsut brought Alexa along for the ride. Alexa was able to be baptised by her father. Her family spent the whole day thanking us for helping Alexa and just told us how much they have been praying for this day.
I have had a lot of those experiences. All of the people I have baptised (the Lord, despite me. :) ) have been part of member families and I for some reason got the blessing of helping be an answer to their prayers. That is a pretty special responsibility and it makes me realize that mi Salvador must have an awful lot of trust in silly little me.
In other fun news...lets see. We were able to go to the temple this week. I love the temple and I really am so blessed to be in a mission where I get to go so often. There is really such a peace in the temple and it is so nice to just be able to give all my burdens and cares to the Lord as I sit in the Celestial room and ponder.
So I thought I would share a fun little story about Eliana. She is the 87 year old chilean woman that we are teaching. Anywho....teaching her is a riot, let me set up the scene for you. This week she didnt have her right glasses and the battery in one of her hearing aids died. So we spent our lesson yelling at a chilean woman who was trying to read a large print libro de mormon with glasses and a magnifying glass. Plus she speaks chilean spanish and has a little studder. It was so silly! But it was proof that nothing really matters but the spirit because somehow we understood each other. It is always such a riot to teach her and her crazy but so loveable sister!
We taught Kay and Alexa this week, teaching them is sort of hard cuz I forget I am a missionary sometimes because they are just so fun. But we were talking about boys...well they were and me and sister hansen were jsut listening....and Kay described a boy by saying "I dont usually go for that type of boy, but he is the Golden Unicorn!!" I am really loving the people that I meet out here!
Saturday was really great. We had a monsoon!!! There was SO MUCH RAIN!!! Our presidents wife made us all come inside the storm was so bad...it was so nice! It is a little humid here, but it has cooled off so much and I am loving that!
Sunday were the confirmations and I dont have too much to say about them, but after hers, Angela reached over, squeezed my hand and jsut told me thank you. That was special. Those are the moments that keep me going.
Once again, thanks for all that you guys do for me. Thanks for the letters, the love and the prayers. I truely have the best friends and family and I love you all.
Love, Hermana Parry
With Angela and Ld
Me, Alexa, Kay, and Hna Hansen
Kay and Alexa
Insane Rain
Me
The adorable doodles Sister Wiscombe makes to make transfer predicitions. These are the sisters in our zone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Cute pictures.
ReplyDelete