background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 21

Me in Laniers Glasses Me and Sister Hansen in our comfy dresses Me and my apostate sister! Greetings Things here in the beautiful city of Gilbert are just moving right along. It is still way to hot here, but the grass in green and the water is cool and the work of the Lord is moving right along. So I am going to complain, but I really dont have much right too! Ha ha. This was a really great week. We worked hard and we were able to teach a lot of lessons. I love being able to teach. It is weird because I started out so scared to teach but now I love it. I love it far more than trying to find. Finding is really hard work and I am ok working hard, but I like the teaching part better. Wednesday was fun, we ended up taking Elder Laniers sunglasses hostage and planning a list of demands for their return. The demands that we settled on and that we find to be more than fair are a pan of brownies and also that Elder Lanier does the chicken dance for the zone at the start of zone meeting tomorrow. I will keep you updated. Friday was awesome because a member brought us a bunch of bags of clothes! We love getting clothes! Sister Hansen got a dress that is too big and I got a really long skirt and we just LOVE them because they are "proselyting clothes" but they are so so comfy so we wear them for study and planning and are just so happy in them. We also got other clothes to, but these were the best ones. Saturday morning was a suprise. Sister Hansen and I were just about to start singing a hymn for our comp study when there was a knock at the door. I went a took a look through the peep hole and who do I see? Why my rule breaking sister Alie of course! It was weird. Sister Hansen aubily gasped when I opened the door, it was funny. I dont want such things to happen again, but it was nice to be able to hug someone I love so much. My investigators are AMAZING!!! We taught Yovanka this week and in the middle of her prayer she started to cry and then after just told us (well me...and sister mugar(who isnt here)...so me) how much we had changed her life and how much we meant to her. I know she will feel that way about sister hansen too. But it was just really so amazing and special to realize that my being here is actually affecting peoples lives for the better and that these people I am coming to love so much actually love me back and maybe even more. Being a missionary is a real blessing, I get discouraged sometimes but really all it takes is one person to make it all ok again. I am really really lucky. Elcy and Yovanka had to change their baptismal date to the 7th of July instead of the 30th of June, so I wont be able to send pictures for a couple weeks, but when I do you will love them! Ha ha. That is about all I have to say I guess. Thanks for all of your love and support. You letters brighten my week, so dont forget about me ok? I love you all! Hermana Parry

1 comment:

  1. I am glad things are going well for you. We hope your investigators continue to progress towards baptism.

    ReplyDelete