Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Week 20
Me and Sister Hansen in a dust storm
Me and Sister Hansen at the Fiesta. Note the size difference
Me and Yovanka
Me Yovanka and Clark
Me sister hansen and elder lanier (who was being weird and trying not to be in our picture.)
CINCO!!!!!!
Well today is my 5th mission birthday! Holy cow, I am not sure how that has happened, but it did. I am enjoying mission life thus far and I am learing a lot. I still feel like such a newby, but daily i see the hand of the Lord in my life.
There have been some changes in my mission world. I lost my Mugsy to the Chandler Zone, dang Chandler, but I gained a Hansenator!
That being said, my new companion is Hermana Hansen. She really is very sweet and I am enjoying her...she just stresses me out a little. She is a little more up tight than me and worries and apologizes for everything, but I am sure with time and routine that will subside. She is from W Jordan and has been on her mission for about 16 months. She is the complete opposite from me. She is tiny. Really, she is like 4'9 and maybe weighs 90 lbs. She is WAY quite and I cant ever hear her. And I am not going to lie, driving with her is scary becasue she can barely see over the wheel. But she is funny and sweet and works hard and I know that we are going to have lots of fun together!
Other than that things are jsut great. We gained another english ward and that is fun. The Elliot ward hasnt had sisters in years and are excited about it. I hope that their enthusiasm sticks around. They dont have a lot happening in their ward, but they have missionary hearts and minds and I know that we will be able to find those people that the Lord has prepared for us there.
Our other investigators are doing awesome! Yovanka and Elcy are progressing towards their baptism date! They are planning to get baptised on the 30th of June! I am really excited but really nervous becasue we still have so much to teach them and with the change and not having sister mugar and not having a routine with sister hansen and all that I am just really worried about letting them down and not having them prepared. But I have faith that if they are truly ready that Heavenly Father wont let their dumb missionaries let them down. :) Heavenly Father is pretty great like that I think!
Angela is also doing so great. With her we have the opposite problem, she will be done with all of the lessons by tomorrow and her date isnt until the 12 of July. She is so awesome and so ready! She is truly such an example to me of how important it is to just open your mouth. As soon as someone bore testimony of the Holy Ghost and described it, she realized that she had been feeling it for months and is just jumping in with both feet and I feel truly blessed to be a part of this experience with her!
Things arent always great and I still feel more than a little inadequate a lot of the time...but the good times are worth all of the hard ones and I am falling in love with the people but more importantly I think, I am falling even more in love with the Gospel. The Lord is truly helping me far more than I am helping anyone else and I really am feeling truly blessed.
We had a super awesome fiesta this weekend with the branch. It was really fun, but kind of weird to be the old one in the group. Well not the old one age wise, but the old one in the branch. It was lots and lots of fun though. We ate lots of delicious food and there was music and dancing and fun. I have decided that I really was born to be latino!
Things arent always great and I still feel more than a little inadequate a lot of the time...but the good times are worth all of the hard ones and I am falling in love with the people here. But more importantly I think, I am falling even more in love with the Gospel. The Lord is truly helping me far more than I am helping anyone else and I really am feeling truly blessed.
Other than that I dont know that there is more. I love you all, thanks for your support!
Love Hermana Parry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment