background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 19

TRANSFER TIME This has been a sort of stressful week, what with the thought, well the knowledge of transfer calls looming above our heads this week. But over all it was a pretty sucessful/ exciting week. I taught in some of our lessons this week and I even initiated some OYMs the other day! Sister Mugar, or Mugsy as I call her ( I dont know how to type the u with the two dots over it, but that is how I say it) didnt even seen them and just rode on past, and I actually stopped and started talking to them. It was pretty scary and awkward but that is ok, I still did it. And I am pretty proud. Ha ha. Well I wont leave you in transfer suspense any longer....I am staying in Gilbert. And I am quite excited about that. But to bring my excitement down a little bit, I am loosing my absolutly beloved Mugsy! I am so sad and I just want to cry a little inside. She is the absolute best and I cannot even imagine being with out her. I know that changing companions is a part of the whole missionary thing, but it stinks pretty bad. So we will see come Wednesday who will be joining me here in Gilbert. I am still liking Arizona for the most part, but it is still just to darn hot here! But I am acclimating a little bit, I can walk outside now with out feeling like my skin is going to burst into flames, so that is something. But there are still things I dont care for...like the bugs. Speaking of the bugs...guess what was in our house this week.....A SCORPION!!!!!! It was absolutly horrifying! I wanted to cry and run away and vomit, but I settled on just standing on the couch screaming my lungs out. I way over reacted...suprise...but it was scary, because if there is one there could be more. And a scorpion isnt like a spider....scorpions cause imense pain and illness and I am not cool with that! It was up in our kitchen light cover and Mugar valiently got the cover down (she is the only one tall enough) and then as soon as the cover was in Sister Allreds hands, Mugs FREAKED out as well. It was quite the scene at 10:30 at night! But we all survived, barely, and now we have to be extra vigilant about checking our shoes. In investigator news; Yovanka, Elcy and Angela are all on date!!! Oh my goodness I am so excited for them all. It is so cool to see them taking the steps in their lives that will lead them back to their Savior! Please keep them all in your prayers, because I know now that they have a date, satan is going to work extra hard to bring them down, and I just wont have that!!! And now for one random thought...I think that it is pretty stingy of the "Christians" to capitalize on the name of Christ and make that a religion. I mean really, when someone says to us "oh I am Christian", we always say, "great, so are we!" I mean really! Christian isnt its own religion. Mormons are christians, baptists are christains, catholics are christians....but the christian church is going to try and steal the whole name. Pretty greedy "Christians". That is all on that. Well that is really all. I love you all so much and hope things are going good for everyone of you! Thanks for all your letters, prayers and your support, it really mean a whole lot to me! Love Hermana Parry 1: Me and Mugs at a "Picnic in the Park". It was inside the church because Arizona is to hot for the park. 2: Mugsy making banana bread 3: The Scorpion Slayers 4: Me, Mugs, and Angela at the Picnic

1 comment:

  1. I would not like to find a scorpion in my house either. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete