My First First Lesson!
Hola Bloglandia! Things here in Arizona are going pretty great. It is still hot, but the weather has calmed down alot this week and it has only been getting up into the 90s and not the 100s. I think that it is kind of pathetic that I think that 95 is a relatively nice day....but in Arizona it is.
Well this week was pretty exciting. I taught my first first lesson!!! We have had lessons but they have been with less active members or with progressing investigators so I have never actually had a first lesson. It was pretty exciting and pretty scary!!! We taught Yovanka on Monday, if you will remember back a few posts she is the one that fed me sweet beans for dessert. She is married to a RM, and has been to church a bunch of times but she hadnt ever really been taught, which is weird I think, but that is ok, I am more than happy to have been to first to teach her. Not only was it my first first lesson, but it was also in espanol which means I didnt say to much. But it was really cool to feel the spirit working in me because I was able to say so things in the lesson that I know she understood(because she told me so) and that I know helped to touch and open her heart. That is really cool!
And then we finally got Keirsten to start thinking about a baptismal date. She is a little stinker and is waiting for something....who knows what, even though she is so ready. So the committment to pray about a date is pretty huge and we are feeling pretty excited here!!!
And then on Friday we taught another first lesson in spanish! We taught Ariceli and she is just as sweet as can be. I am hoping that she keeps having the excitement that she has had because if she does, she will want to be baptized in no time! It is really crazy, all of the people we are teaching are moms. And 2 out of 3 have member husbands. And it is just so crazy how much I want them to get baptised so that they can go to the temple. I think that it is interesting that as missionaries we talk so much about baptisms and how important they are and I always felt and understood that...but out here teaching these mothers, I truly am understanding how much of a first step baptism is to the rest of your life. It is pretty wonderful and I cant think of anything that would make me happier than to see these wonderful women be sealed to thier husbands and children. Being a missionary is pretty darn cool.
Now that I have spent some time on the spiritual I will move into the rest of my week. Well actually just weekend because the week was kinda slow but the weekend was jam packed!!
I had to speak in church on Sunday...IN THE BRANCH!!!! Oh my heck it was so scary and I was just so so so nervous, my spanish is improving but it is by no means good at all and I was just feeling so overwhelmed and stage frighty! Yikes! But it went really well. I didnt cry or throw up or anything! Ha ha and the spanish people are so kind to me and all told me what a wonderful job I did and how beautiful my talk was and stuff. I am really appreciative for the love and support of the ward here!
Also in chuch on a gross note....there were 3 coachroches!!!! 3 in one day! It was so disgusting. I cant handle roaches. And it church, it was crazy and apparently is just going to get worse bug wise. Plus Hna Mugar told me that scorpians hide in shoes and so now I am like a paranoid lunatic when I put on my shoes or slippers. I sure hate bugs!!!
I made it through my first transfer calls on Sunday night!!! I hate transfer calls, it is super stressful and inconvineint because you just dont know what your future is going to be and you are trying to plan for the next week but you dont know if you will even be in the same area and stuff. It is silly! But I am staying in Gilbert with Hna Mugar, yay! I am really excited to stay and you can all continue to send mail to my baseline address!
Thanks everyone for all of your love and support. I appreciate it ever so much!!! I hope everyone is doing well!
Les Quiero Muchisimo!
Hermana Parry
P.s. Mackenzie Snow...if you are reading this, A little bird told me a thing or two about you and I am going to need you to send me a letter and some photos pronto!!! Also Ali Webb, I need your address if you are reading! So send me a letter! And also if anyone reading on here has Haven Campbells mission address I would really appreciate if you could send it to me! Gracias!
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Try not to melt and remember to shake out your shoes before putting them on.
ReplyDelete