background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 15

1st Melissa's Baptism!! She had been taught for like 15 years and Mugar is the one that finally got her!!!
Hats at the Mothers day Fiesta
Us with Yovanka (the black one) and her husband and friend Nancy With both of our gators! Yovanka and Elcy
El Dia De Las Madres!!! This has been a pretty good week over all! On Monday we played a zone game of frasketball. It was ridiculous and I have bruises, but I pretty much owned! Ha! And on Tuesday we finally had the miracle we have been praying for! We had not been able to get ahold of Yovanka, one of our spanish investigators who I love, and so we decided to go and visit her friend to see if we could get any info. Well we chatted with Nancy and she said she would invite Yovanka to take the lessons in her home (the first score and something you all should be doing!) and then at the end of the conversation she called her sister into the room. She said to us "My sister isnt a member" and then right there she asked Elcy "Do you want to take the lessons?" And she said YES!!! Man it was really exciting. It has been so slow the past little bit and to just have an investigator fall into our laps like that! How perfect. It was amazing! On Wednesday we went on room mate splits because both me and sister warner were sick. Mostly Warner so I just stayed home with her. Well during the day, Mugar and Allred were able to get in with Yovanka! Miracle! And she told them that she had just been busy but that she loves us and wants to keep learning! Whoosh, huge releif!!! Oh also on Wednesday there was a mini monsoon! I was taking a nap at like 2:00 and when I woke up at 3:30 it was black outside and the thunder and lightning was SO loud and close. It was crazy but super cool! Thursday was a big day for me. I did some teaching...in spanish! We taught Elcy the restoration and I started the lesson with the prayer. Then at the endish of the lesson I taught about the Book of Mormon. Almost by myself! It was super duper stressful but I did it and it was amazing. I was supposed to commit her to baptism too and I had practiced all morning but right as I was about to do it, her sister came in and started talking and I didnt know exactly what had been said and so I didnt know how to ease back in to invite her. So Mugar did it instead...and she said YES!!!! She is on date for the 2nd of June. That was one of the most miraculous feelings ever! YAY!!!! It is really insane how much you can care so quickly as a missionary! You really feel the love the our Heavenly Father has for these people! Saturday was the fiesta por el dia de las madres in the branch and we went because both Elcy and Yovanka came! Yay! It was super duper fun! I just love hispanic culture and they sure know how to party. There was music and dancing and food. It was such a good time!!! Sunday was the cherry on the top of this week! I got to talk to my family! Boy was that a delight. So many of the people that I love were there and I got to talk to and see all of them. I got to hear my nephew Tyson talk for the first time and he even tried to say my name!!! It was so fun! Technology is cool, for reals!!! Ok well I am out of stuff to say, but I love you all and I appreciate all of your support! Thank you! Les Quiero Mucho!!! Hermana Parry

1 comment:

  1. What a great week. I hope many more come your way!

    ReplyDelete