background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 16

Four Whole Months! Well first of all I need to give a little birthday shout out!!! Feliz Cumpleanos Rachel and Tyson!! Also to myself because this Thursday was my 4 month birthday as a missionary! So me and Ty shared a birthday! Fun times! To celebrate I have a confetti cake blizzard from DQ! It was basically the most delicious thing on the planet....VERDAD!!!! Other than birthdays and cake ice cream things have been just kind of regular here. Our car has been having issues and as such our battery died on tuesday. :( But MILAGRO, a member happened to walk to his car right at the exact moment that we needed him and saved us! What a tender mercy. We had just sort of been chewed out as a zone for being late to zone meetings and of course our car died on zone meeting day. So really, having help so we werent late was a miracle. This week was made extra good because we got to go to the temple! Yay! I am really lucky to be in a mission where we have access to the temple and the opportunity to go! Plus having the visitors center is a real bonus as well. We took both Yovanka and Elcy to the visitors center this week and watched "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration". It was so special and the spirit was so strong. Elcy felt the spirit and was really touched and that was really cool. Elcy is really connected to the spirit and that is amazing. She prayed this week with us and she cried and couldnt even finish cuz she was crying so much. We are really making a difference in peoples lives and that is a trumendous blessing! I am super blessed to be apart of these peoples lives. That is really all that I have for this week, Oh but both Yovanka and Elcy came to sacrament this week!!!! AH!!! That was super duper awesome and steps in the right direction! Woo! Oh and I realized I am a bad missionary....ha ha. I am not good at being nice all the time. I am kind of snarky with the elders and I hit Elder Miller the other day. Granted it is all just because we are friends, but I forget sometime that I am a missionary and should maybe not snack another person...oops. Alas, such is life. Well that is all, but I will leave you with a poem that was in Sister Mugars family history.... ARIZONA The devil wanted a place on earth, Sort of a summer home; A place to spend his vacation, whenever he wanted to roam. So he picked out Arizona, a place both wretched and rough. Here the climate was to his liking, and the cowboys were hardened and tough. He dried up the streams in the canyons and ordered no rain to fall; He dried up the lakes and the valleys, then baked and scorched it all. Then over his barren desert he transplanted shrubs from Hell; The cactus, thistle, and prickly pear-- The climate suited them well. Now, the home was much to his liking, But animal life, he had none, So he created crawling creatures that all mankind would shun. First he made the Rattlesnake with its forked poisonous tongue; Taught it to strike and rattle and how to swallow its young. Then he made scorpians and lizards and the ugly old horned toad, He placed spiders of every description under rocks by the side of the road. Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter, hotter and hotter still, until even the cactus wilted and the old horned toad looked ill. Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom, as any creator would; He chuckled a little up his sleeve and admitted that it was good. 'Twas summer now and Satan lay by a prickly pear to rest. The sweat rolled off his swarthy brow, and he took off his coat and vest. "By Golly," he finally panted "I did my job to well. I am going back where I came from...ARIZONA IS HOTTER THAN HELL!!" Thanks everyone for your love and support!!! You are the best! Love Hermana Parry

1 comment:

  1. What a great week (minus the car trouble). The poem about AZ sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete