Well It is my second p day and this week is technically called my third week!! It has only technically been two and a half, but three weeks. It feels so much shorter and so much longer than 3 weeks. As far as this week goes, it has been great. Highlight of the week was the Tuesday devotional. It is the 50th year anniversary of the MTC this year, and so on Tuesday night we had both Elder Holland and Elder Nelson come and speak to us. That was pretty wonderful. The spirit was amazing and I learn a lot from them.
In other news I saw a lot of people this week. Stephanie, I ran into Quinton and chatted with him on sunday. He seems good, and makes me laugh. We both have over achieving companions. Then Alie, I ran into and chatted with both Matt Weaver and Sam Blotter. Sam is going to the same mission as Casey and says you should write to him. We chat semi frequently because we have gym together. Oh last Sunday a girl sang Josephs First Prayer to the tune of Come Thou Fount, it was beautiful. Dad, I know you would have loved it.
So our investigator Rafael is actually our teacher Hermano Crawley. I knew he was not a real investigator but I didnt realize he would be teaching us. It was weird and has taken me a long time to like him, just because he was such a punk when we taught him. Speaking of teachers...the MTC is kind of like a twilight zone. Both my teachers Hmo Davis and Hmo Crawley have only been home from their missions since august. AUGUST!!!! They are only Qs age! It feels so weird because I rely on them so much, I trust their opinions and advice so much and need their help daily and they are my little brothers age. And all of our ZRTs and such are also just barely home from their missions, it is weird. Even the Elders that have been here longer than me seem so much older and wiser, when in reality they are just dumb little boys. Ha Ha, or in spanish...jajaja.
Alright people I didnt get any letters this week after Tuesday. That makes me cry! So Jamie and Josh, Ali Webb, Alie, Jess, Quintin, Molly, Andrea, DB peeps and all the rest of you...I miss you and could use your wisdom and your love! Those of you that do write to me, thank you so much. It really does help so much and helps me get through the hard days.
I love being a missionary, but boy howdy is it hard! I knew it would be hard, but never expected it to be this hard. I am strained and frazzled all the time, but I am growing so much. Growing in faith, in trust in the Lord and myself, and relying on my prayers to get me through. I am becoming a lot more patient and self controled. I am learning to conform to rules and follow them happily, though I still and always will refuse to make my bed. Sorry room check lady! I wouldnt change a thing here, even though I sometime(a lot of times) cry. I feel so bad for the boys in my district, including my teachers because I cry all the time. :) But it is still great.
I am almost out of time, so I will end. I love you all so much, keep on supporting me. I appreciate it! Yo say que La Iglesia es verdad, Padre Celestial es amoroso y Jesucristo es mi Salvador!
Love Hermana Parry
P.S. Dearelder.com is a great way to write to me. To you it is just like an email, but I get a hard copy of the letter the same day, what could be more easy? NADA! Love!
Friday, February 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment