Ok People, before I start I must say....SEND ME SOME LOVE!!!!! My companions are getting packages and letters right and left, and I am just crying by the mailbox. Lets step it up.....por favor! I made it through my first week in the MTC or as we call it in spanish the CCM. Things here are kinda crazy. I am enjoying it but I am quite often overwhelmed. People here always say that the spanish comes secondary, to the Gospel and teaching, but that is sometimes hard to remember. We taught Rafael a lot this week, and it was really frustrating because I didnt feel like I could contribute to our lessons all that much. I did try my best though and I guess that is all that really matters. The spanish is coming along and my companions tell me that I am really getting good at it and that I am picking it up pretty fast, I dont feel quite as confidant in myself as they do in me, but I appreciate it.
My companions are pretty good. We get along pretty well and I really like them. We dont always see eye to eye on teaching and on things that we think are important (like sarcasm or singing non church songs) but I really do enjoy them. I also have a really awesome district and I just love these dumd boys so much already.
As far as teaching Rafael goes, we commited him to baptism yesterday afternoon and he said yes. It was a really amazing feeling and gave real meaning to what I am doing here. Later that night we found out that he is moving back to Puerto Rico and that he really doesnt want to get baptised and that we didnt do a very great job teaching him, (all the companionships were teaching him, so it wasnt just our failure it was partially everyones, but still) and that was disappointing. Granted we knew that we were not the best teachers, it was our first week for goodness sake, but it is still hard to here that you kind of let the Lord down.
But the thing that I really learned was that even when things dont work out you can still gain so much from the experience. Rafael didnt get baptised, but I got to feel the joy that comes from someone telling me yes, and being able to pray with someone for the first time and being able to tell someone who doesnt know that their Heavenly Father loves them and has a plan for them. That was incredible.
As far as the rest of the week...it has been a rollercoaster of emotions but mostly it has been good. I am so blessed to be here. It is kind of funny here, all we do is eat and sit I feel like. But we learn alot too. And I play a whole lot of volleyball, and that has been really fun!
This is kind of a rambling letter but it is kind of a rambling time. Ha Ha. I love you all so much and I love this gospel and feel so blessed to be here! Thank you for your support. Keep praying for me, and send me some love.
Love Hermana Parry
P.S. My favorite elder, Elder Jessup isnt getting much mail, so you should write to him to. Send it to me with a note that it is to him. He is super awesome and you will be glad you did! :)
Friday, January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We would love to write you - my kids could draw pictures for you as well. I just need someone to get me your address.
ReplyDeleteHer address is on the sidebar.
DeleteSister Natalie Parry
MTC Mailbox #352
AZ-TEM 0320
2005 N 900 E
Provo, Utah 84604-1793