Hola faithful blog readers!!! Thank you for tuning in once again, even though my mission life is not all that exciting. This have been quite the week. On Saturday we taught in the TRC and it was the first time that I have enjoyed it. Usually it freaks me right on out, but I actually enjoyed it and felt like I had something to say. After that I sort of had a melt down. I love the MTC but it is hard here because they dont always give direct answers and I dont always feel like I am doing things right here. This particular melt down was over companionship study, I just dont feel like I know how to do things right here. My poor teacher Hno. Crawley is nice to me, I feel bad for him when I break down. Jajaja. Sunday was better though. I really like Sundays.
Monday was presidents day, I didnt care for presidents day because there was no mail. But then I didnt really get mail at all this week. Please dont forget about me, I love love love your letters and it makes me so happy to hear from you all. Thank you so much to all of you that did write me. Oh also on Monday I hard core lost at board golf...which stinks because last week Elder Jessup and I won twice in a row. Now my streak is over. BLAST!
Tuesday was wonderful. I had been struggling, just with everything kind of. It had just been a stressful week. Elder Jessup had suggested that we sing in the mission choir as a district and I will admit I had kind of a bad attitude about it, but it turns out that Elder Jessup was just getting a little inspiration for me. We walked in and it turns out that we were singing my favorite hymn...Be Still My Soul. That in and of itself was great, but then the choir director just sort of talked about the song and the meaning of it and such. The next time we sang it a line stuck out to me. "Be still my soul, thy God doth undertake. To guide thy future as he has the past. Thy faith, thy confidance let nothing shake." That line just hit me. That was truly the Lord answering my prayers. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord directed my past when He sent me here, so why would he abandon me now. I also then read D&C 121 and 122 this week which just strengthened that even more. I am truly grateful for the guidance of the Lord.
Wednesday was my 5 week mark!!!! Five weeks I have been a missionary. In that time I have just grown so much. I learned so so much and I can kind of speak spanish. I dont always acknowlege that in my life and I dont always thank the Lord as much as I should, but I am really really blessed. We learned about teaching the word of wisdom, and as a class we each decided to give up a habit. Mine was doing annoying things (clicking, bouncing, twirling) my pen. If we can go a week we can be "baptized" and by baptised I mean Hno. Davis will bring us tacos from Cafe Rio!!!
Thursday I los my taco! Boo! I am so bummed. But on a great note, we taught about Jose Smith and the first vision to Canducho. It was absolutely amazing! The church is just so true and I cant believe how much faith Jose Smith had to ask the Lord and accept the will of the Lord! Oh it is just so great.
As far as today goes thus far...it has been great. We went to the temple and got to do initiatories. They are great and I felt the sprit so strong. I am muchisimos agradacidous por el evangelio de Jesucristo. Yo se que es verdadero. Yo se que estoy supposed estar aqui. Les Amo mucho mucho mucho. Dont forget about me!!
Hna. Parry
P.S. This week I am studying about revelation through church attendance. If you wanted to study it to and send me any of your thoughts and revelations. That would be swell.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment