background

Friday, February 17, 2012

Week 4

Hola Amigos!
Gracias for tuning into my mission blog once again. I tried really hard to write stuff down this week so that this would be the best blog ever....but it didnt really work. I am gonna try harder. This was a pretty good week though, I only freaked out like twice. Jajaja. Sautrday stunk, I was REALLY sick and just stayed in bed all day. But by Sunday I was ok which is great. My stomach has been hurting less and less gratefully. Oh cool thing, I love the elders in my district!!!! Friday night I was feeling really lousy and they gave me a blessing. Elder Oliver gave the actual blessing, it was his first time ever, and it was one of the sweetest most meaningful blessings I have ever had. I am so so so grateful for the gift of the priesthood. It is the greatest.
Sunday was pretty awesome. In relief society during the mormon message "sanctify yourself" (watch it if you never have. Chase is in it!) anyway during the movie right when Elder Holland was talking about how priesthood holders need to be ready to use their priesthood when it is needed, a girl went unconsious. It was really scary and they couldnt wake her up and there was a panic and the husband of the speaker jumped into the crowd and was able to give her a blessing on the spot. It was a really emotional and spiritual experience.
The night just kept getting better as we listened to the rebroadcast of a talk Elder Bednar gave on Christmas here. I dont know if you can find it, but if you can you should listen to it. It was really powerful. He basically told us that we needed to stop being so selfish and remember that we are here to serve the Lord and to serve the people. The last thing he said was "When you start to think you cant do it on your own, YOU ARE RIGHT, but as soon as you recognize that you need the help of the Savior all things are possible" It was really profound and exactly what I needed to here. It can get really over whelming here something, but I know when I rely on my Savior I can do all things. Even learn spanish and learn how to share the Gospel.
On some not as spiritual notes...my favorite district left this week. Boo, I dont like it when people have to leave, but I am excited for them to be able to get out into the field. Oh and my friends Amanda Blomquist and Marinda Montgumery came in this week. It was so nice to see a friendly familiar face. The MTC is a crazy place but I am loving it here.
Part of my love of the MTC come from my teachers...on Tuesday Hno Davis was teaching language study with a retractable pointer that he borrowed from Elder Butler and oh my, what a child!!! It reminded me so much of Quintin. He spent the whole class like flinging it around and smacking it on the word we were supposed to say. But the crowing moment was when he asked Hna. Escobar a question and while she was answering he pretended to stab himself. I lost it. What a big goof, it made me miss my ridiculous Father and Brothers.
Well my time is almost over, but I am so grateful to all of you out there who love and support me. I can feel your prayers and just cant wait to get my mail. So please keep writing me, it means the world.
I know that this Church is true with all my heart! I am so grateful to a loving Father in Heaven who loved me enough to send his Son into the world to be my Savior and Redeemer. I dont know what I would do if I had to do this on my own. Love you all!!!!!
Hermana Parry!

No comments:

Post a Comment