background

Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 75


THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER HAS 4 VERSES???
Well lets just see, this week has been a good one.  Full of lots of fun and adventures!  I will start off with Monday.  Monday was a pretty sad day actually.  Hna White left for Yuma and I miss her just terribly already!  But that is ok, because I still have Limby to act crazy with!  Hna Crawford moved into our house, and it is VERY different, but not to bad.  Jensy and I tried to wash our car this week at a wash it yourself place and that was a real treat!  I accidentally sprayed her with foam and she ended up spraying pink stuff on our car right as we ran out of time and couldnt wash it off.  But it was fun!
Then on Tuesday we got to meet our new mission president!  President Toone!  He is really cool and seems really chill.  He is also a GIANT!!!!!  He is like 7'2!  He is enormous!  And guess what, he is Tom Toone(Lukes dad)'s first cousin.  So we are basically related!  Pretty crazy! 
Thursday was of course the 4th of July, what a happy day!  And we had so much fun!  First of all we got to do some service.  Then we went to the spanish branch 4th party.  Now something I love about hispanics...they love America way more than Americans do.  Our party was all decked out in red white and blue.  They presented the flags and then the best part...singing!  Now singing isnt always a spanish wards strong point anyways, but then we sang a lot.  We sang "America the Beautiful", "My country tis of thee" and "The Star Spangled Banner" (all 4 verses...i forgot there were 4 verses) all before we were allowed to eat.  Oh and we did the pledge of alligence.  Well they had programs all printed up with all the words....but all in english....in an all spanish speaking ward.....it was magical! 
Then after that we went home and Hna Crawford made us a delish dinner: Christmas ham(we found in our freeze), lion house rolls, and mashed potatos.  Limby and I ran and got starbucks for everyone and then we spent the night watching "Im a Mormon" videos.  It was a fantastic evening!
Saturday night there was a wicked sweet lightning storm!  I mean really, wicked sweet!  Sister Limburg and I ate shakes and watched it.  Mine was way to big, but luckily Elders Anderle and Rohrbacher, or as limby and I call them Elder Anderbacher, came over and Anderle ate my shake for me.  It was great.  Me and Limby enjoy Anderbacher alot, they are our comic relief.
Well that is about the week we had.  It was really a great week.  We dont really have any investigators, but I am really enjoying my time with Hna Jensen.  I think she really needs to learn some stuff, she also says so and because of that we are really working on helping her step outside her comfort zone.  We had some really sweet OYMs this week and there were a few times in certain OYMs that she said "I was really feeling the spirit" or "I should have asked such and such a question".  I think she is really getting better at her OYMs and is opening up a lot.  We are just going to keep working and doing our best and being better and we are happy.
I am really grateful for the time that I have been able to spend here in AZ serving the Lord.  I received a really special blessing from Elder Rohrbacher this week that really just eased some of the questions I had about if I had done enough here, or if I had really done what the Lord wanted me too.  Elder Rohrbacher had never given a blessing before and he had no ideas that I had any sort of questions like that.  But I recieved so much comfort and I really so grateful for the priesthood and for elders that are worthy to share the priesthood with us sisters


Washing the Car

Casa Grande Zone

Me and Jensy

No comments:

Post a Comment