Miss You Til Wednesday
WOW!!! This was an intense week. It was one of those weeks that
you look back at and think "Did all that really happen this week?" It
was crazy, but all really good stuff!
Monday
started out the fun as we celebrated Elder Jergensmeiers 20th
birthday! Limby and I made a fish cake and got him a really classy Cody
Simpson card. Then we went bowling as a district! It was so much fun
and I am still just as horrid at bowling as I ever was. It was really
wierd though to be out in public in pants just basically hanging out.
Especially because in just a couple weeks I am going to be expected to
do that on a normal basis! EEK! But it was SO fun!
Then on Monday
night I went on exchanges with Hermana Folsom in one of our new
districts in Phoenix. That was SO fun! I havent ever left my area for
an exchange before, so I really enjoyed that. Hna Folsom is really
quite cool and we had a lot of fun on our exchange. She goes home with
me, so she knows what she is doing and it was really fun to work with a
missionary who isnt new again. Dont get me wrong, I liked training and I
love my comp now, but it is cool to have the first lesson you teach
together just go smoothly because you both know the lesson and the
spanish to go with it. It was really fun. She taught me a lot of new
things that the Phoenix mission does that were really cool and will help
our area a lot. One of them is prayer contacting, I will go more into
that later. But really, Monday night and Tuesday were just really fun and I learned a ton and had a ton of fun!
Wednesday
was a glorious day!!! We went to the temple which is always so so
great. I always knew that it was a huge blessing to go to the temple
every 6 weeks, but when I was on exchanges I learned that Phoenix only
got to go every 3! So extra blessing. And then when I was there an
even extra-er blessing happened!!! Ok, so here is the story....We were
leaving the temple and as we were walking down the stairs I yelled at
one of the elders, I cant remember why. It wasnt a really yell, just a
teasing yell and I told him I hated him.(This will come into play
soon). So we start to walk away, down the sidewalk to the car when I
hear "Hey, Sister Parry". So I am assuming it is a missionary, but when
I turned around I was speechless for a moment. It was my friend
Sterling, from Deseret Book! Oh my heck! I was a little stunned to see
him there in Mesa(even though I knew he was living somewhere in AZ),
but is was so cool! I had to shake his hand, and that was a little
sad....but it was ok. Oh my gosh, I was so happy to see him! Now I
will tell you the story from his point of view. So he lives just across
from the temple and had just gotten off work or something and got out
of the car and saw missionaries at the temple. Well he thought that he
saw me, but wasnt sure....but then he heard me yell at that elder and he
knew it was me! Hahaha. But then he ran over to say hi! It was so
neat! I have been so lucky to see so many of my dear sweet friends
durning my mission. Tender Mercy!
So then just some fun cool stuff, on Thursday
we tried out prayer contacting and it was SO sweet! Basically you just
knock the door and when they answer you say "we are representatives of
Jesus Christ, and we would like to offer a blessing on your home".
Then they let you in, you pray with them and then you ask them when you
can come back to share with them how they can always have that feeling
in their home. Well it seems really common sense I think, but I had
never thought about it before. But it was SO neat! We got let into
houses that never would have let us in before and we had some really
neat experiences praying wtih people. I love praying with people, it
is my favorite part of missionary work and so I have really enjoyed
that. We have only tried it with hispanic people, I am a little more
nervous to try with white people, but we are going too. It is fun!
In a few other highlight of this week...we got a free eye exam and
free contacts. Thanks Doctor Sellers. We went to visit a family in our
ward, whose 10 year old daughter is a FREAK and I LOVE her. Well we
set up dinner for Wednesday
night and while we were there she said "You are so great to talk to!"
and then as she walked us out she said "Bye, I'll miss you til Wednesday!" It was so cute! Love her!
Also, I got my trunky packet that tells me all my flight info! It
is too scary to post this week, but keep your morning open on the 30th!
EEEK!
Well, that is all there is to it people. God is good. We are
loved. What could be better than that. Love you. Miss you. See you
soon.
Con Amor, Hermana Parry
No comments:
Post a Comment