BIG HOUSE
Well hello there outside world! Its me, Hermana Parry with a
really big weekly update. So last weeks email was a cliff hanger, as I
had no idea what would be happening with transfers. Well on Monday
night we got our transfer calls....and Sister Allred and I were both
staying in San Tan together. I must admit that I was a tad bit bummed
to be staying in english, but as I thought of all the people I was
serving with there I was spiritually apeased.
Well, that peaceful apeasement didnt last...Wednesday morning
we woke up and we did our studies and then got ready to go to
transfer meeting (it was a big transfer full of new news, so all the
missionaries in the valley were invited). Well at 1005 we get a text
message from the Assistants saying "Can you and your stuff be here by
11?" to which we responded "Why? Is one of us getting transfered?" and
to our shock the response "Yeah, both of you actually...and you are both
training."
Well, needless to say we were a little shocked at that! We
told them we could be there, but our stuff sure wouldnt be. And after a
hug and a prayer for calmed nerves, we headed off to Tempe to meet our
greenies and find out our new areas. It is funny, my district leader
later told me about the moment in which they realized I was not there.
So President annouces "Serving with Sister Parry" and Elders Hatch and
Poffenbeger call out, "She doenst know she is training!" and that is
when the Assistants decided to call us. Pretty cools. So now for the
news....I am now serving in CASA GRANDE with HERMANA ADAMS!!! She is
here while she waits out a visa to Argentina. She is sweet girl and is
really enthusiastic about the work, sometimes a little overly
enthusiastic, but that is ok it is good for me.
I am excited to be in Casa Grande, but it is a little lame, I
always seem to get transfered with no notice so I can never say goodbye
to anyone. So Sara and Ashley, I dont know if you are reading
this...But I love you guys and I will miss you terribly!
So this week has been a little crazy. We whitewashed into an
area that was just opened, so we had no map, no phone and no real
areabook because we are splitting it with some other sisters. So
basically the area that they had for one is now for two so it is taking
some time to figure out what person belongs with which missionaries.
Plus Casa Grande is HUGE and so we spent the past couple of days inside
looking at the maps we finally got and figuring out how we are going to
visit people with the skimpy 800 miles we have for the month.
We are having a lot of fun though. We live in a house with 2
other companionships so it is always just a big party. I live with
Hermanas White and Limburg and Sisters Monson and Ball. They are all
really sweet and I am liking living there.
So in a really cool turn of events...we are in Casa Grande
ward, but I cover a couple cities outside CG, Eloy and Arizona City.
Well I want you to think back to Tempe and remember Carmelita and
Destiny. The mother and daughter that I taught there. Well I had heard
that they had moved to Eloy and so I had decided that one day I was
going to go and visit them. Well on Saturday the Hermanas had a baptism
of some people that will now be in our area, so we went to the baptism
and as I walked in, there was Destiny, and then Simon and Adriana, next
Junior and then Carmelita!!!! The people getting baptised were the
grandparents!!! That was like the coolest thing. I was so happy to see
them and even better they were happy to see me. Destiny told me that
my picture was up in their house and all the kids remembered my name!
So sweet. Plus they were so cute at the baptism, they all kept talking
about how happy they were that their nana and tata were getting baptised
and then cute little Destiny was telling her cousin how you get
baptised. She said "You go into the water and then a boy holds your
hands and then he puts you under the water". i thought that was really
funny, a boy holds your hands! But really, it was just a giant tender
mercy to see them.
Well then the week ended with mothers day, and the Skype that
goes along with it. I was just so stinking happy to chat with my
family! They are good. I got to see my nephew Issac for the first
time! He is a fatty and I cant wait to squeeze him! Plus Miles and Ava
are so big! I couldnt believe it. Plus my cute little brother got his
mission call this week!!!! He is going to Seattle Washington! Which
is way fun because my MTC comp is serving there, so I already know the
address. The lame part however....he leaves the 24th of July,
and well as most of you know, that is 6 days before I get home!!! I am
a little sad about that, but fortunately he will still be in the MTC
when I get home and so I will call the MTC and arrange something, or
maybe I will just pull an Hermana Taylor! Who knows.
Well that is about all I have for this week! Send me some mail here in Casa Grande, my mailbox is lonely!
Love you all! Until next time....Vaya Con Dios!
Love Hermana Parry
No comments:
Post a Comment