background

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 58

There is a plant in our Carpet.....
Hello Blogeshpere!  It is me, Hermana Parry with your weekly Arizona Tempe Mission Update!!!!  As always I hope that this little post finds you happy and healthy and as always, spreading the good news!
As far as for me, things here are good....but they are not to quick paced. Queen Creek as a general rule is a little slower. It is a farm town and so life here is a little more farmy. But that is ok, I am happy and I know that the Lord knows where the prepared are and I just need to align my will a little more with his and I will be able to find them. I have noticed that I have sort of slacked off a little bit and seem to have misplaced my "noticing little miracles" glasses. But I have realized this and I am trying to be better. I know that the Lord has great work to do here in QC, he is building a temple and creating a mission here, so there are people who are prepared and just waiting to be found....I just need to be better in order to find them. I am not getting trunky at all, but I think just with this transfer I havent really connected to much with QC, and I need to do so to get some of that zeal and excitement back.
This week has been good. I dont really have to much to report, but I will share a few stories.
First of all, this is nothing big, but last week Hna Lemon and I went to Paradise Bakery for lunch. While we were there we were trying to decide what to get and so we told the man behind us that he could move ahead of us. He told us he also didnt know what he wanted exactly, but to stick in line with him and his son and they would buy our food for us. It was something so little and to that man probably insignifigant, but as for me, it was such a huge blessing. Just knowing that there are people here who love us and want to take care of us, is really just absolutely amazing. It takes me back about a year when I was serving in Gilbert and a sweet old man gave us money for lunch and then thanked US for making HIS day. That saints are strong in Arizona and they are mindful of us as we strive to serve the Lord.
Now to change gears a little bit....it is time for an embarassing OYM story. So on Friday night there was a monsoon here! Ok, not really, but it was rainy and cold. So Hna Lemon and I decided to stop and get some cocoa on our way home. We got our cocoa at the QT and loaded it with all the essentials, whipped cream, flavored creamer, but no mini marshmallows becasue they were out. So we were just about to leave when a few Mexicans came in, and we never miss a chance to speak spanish with the people we love, so we started talking to them. A few minutes into our conversation my cocoa cup slipped, so to save it from falling I squeezed it. Well it saved it from falling, but at the same time cocoa shot up and out of the tiny hole in the top of my cup. It was like a chocolate old faithful with a straw and whipped cream. It got all over me and all over the floor and the poor man we were talking to didnt know what to do....So we just started laughing and Hna Lemon kept talking to her as I went to find someone to clean it up. It was neat though because it proved to me that the Lord works in mysterious ways and that he can use any situation to further the work, because the girl who helpped me clean up was way nice and we ended up having a pretty great little chat about the easter pagent. So there you go, every event is a teaching opurtunity.
Just to end I wanted to let you know that we have a plant growing out of our carpet. We dont know how it got there or where its getting water from, but is growing like....well like a weed! It is funny!
Well that is about all for this week. Things here are great, I love the work and I am grateful for all the love and support I recieve!
Love you all MUCHO
Hermana Parry
 
The plant growing out of our carpet
 
The supply closet in our spanish church where we eat lunch and study during lunch hour
 
 
Just a foto to remember me!

Us and Elijah (I spoke at him and Isaiahs baptism Sunday)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Us and Isaiah (sorry its blurry)
 

1 comment: