Holy Guacamoly I am a Missionary!!!!
Well peeps it is official I am a serving missionary. I talk to real people with real problems that I could actually screw up! Que en el mundo! I made it to Az on Tuesday and it was actually kind of a frustrating day because everyone spoke english and called me sister which I hated and still hate in fact, but that isnt their fault I guess. But it still stresses me a little. But no suprise, I stress alot.
On Wednesday I met my companion and got assigned my area. My companion is Hermana Muger and we are serving in Glibert. We have 3 wards, 2 are english and one is a spanish branch. In the last week I have already come to love my spanish branch so much. I like my other wards but I just dont know them all that well yet becasue the spanish branch has been feeding us.
We have 3 investigators that are on date for baptism, one of them next week and one on my birthday which is exciting. We get to teach alot. I mostly feel stupid and sit there which is extra embarassing because none of them are spanish speakers so I should have something to say...oh well. Thank goodness for Hna. Muger. I am excited for our investigators but they are really Hna Mugers investigators, which is ok, it just makes me even more excited for when we have investigators that like me and that I have gotten to teach and help.
We ride bikes in the Tempe mission and in Glibert we live 6ish miles out of our area and have no drive Fridays. So my bike was free so it is nothing fancy and there is nothing fancy about the seat on that thing. So after 14ish miles on Friday(we got a ride into our mission) lets just say that my tushy is not the happiest. First thing on my shopping list...new bike seat. Other than the seat I rather enjoyed biking. I am sure I will change my tune come july.
Arizona is nicer than I thought it would be and I actually kind of like it here, again I think I will be singing a different tune come July but that is ok.
I am doing great and getting more and more comfortable every day. I still hate that I cant speak spanish and I know that it will come with time but I want to do it now. Keep praying for me!!
Thanks all, I love you so so much!
Hermana Parry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting to already have baptisms to attend. I know you are doing a wonderful job and the Lord will bless. I still need to mail you the pictures from my kids and letters from me and Jeff. We love you!
ReplyDelete