Pues...Hola! Hermana Parry here just about to blow your mind with a mission update! This has been kind of a slow week over all but the good stuff has been really good!
First of all I say this all the time but I have such a great district and I love my elders ever so much! Because this week I was trying so hard to speak spanish and stuff my elders were just wonderful. Elder Oliver and Elder Jessop are always so great about telling me that I am doing a good job which I need from time to time through out the day. The Lord has truely been blessing me here and I really am learning SO much SO fast. But it is hard to believe that I will ever be fluent and understand how to speak this crazy language!
I recieved alot of great packages this week. First of all my friend Elder Richardson's aunt sent me an early easter package, and my dad sent me the pink expo marker I have been LONGING for! And my sweet pants amigos sent me a St. Patricks days package. But best of all this week I recieved a hug! That is right, a hug! The Borrowmans all traced their arms on a paper and sent it to me. All my cousins and their husbands and my Tios and my sobrinos! (my nieces and nephews). It was absolutely wonderful! I cried a little as I pointed out which outline was which. Thanks you Borrowmans, it was amazing!
We had a great fireside this week...Alex Boye came! It was really fun. He sang some and shared his conversion story. It was really touching to see him choke up when he talked about the sisters that taught him and it made me really excited to be that for someone else. What a blessing to help other people come to the knowlege that I have, that Jesus Christ is their Savior and that He suffered for them so that they dont have to suffer. Alex Boye said, and i am editing sort of to fit me, but he said that every day for the rest of my life someone will be thinking about me, and telling people about me and thanking God for sending me to them. That is a lot of pressure, but the good kind. It makes me want to work that much harder here so that I can be that answer to someones prayer and so that I am worthy of that praise. Missionary work is really kind of strange, it is the scariest, most frustrating most exciting uplifting spiritual thing I have ever been a part of and I am not even out of the MTC yet. It is nuts.
Speaking of leaving the MTC, I have been here for seven and a half weeks...do you know what that means!!!! Only one and half weeks left until I am thrust out into the real and scary world. I will admit I am no where near ready!!! I got my travel plans yesterday and I havent looked at them yet. It is to scary. Plus all my Elders heading to Mexico didnt get thiers and I refuse to leave with out them. Jajaja. I am really attached to these dumb boys and to my dumb teachers and I just dont know that I can handle the real world with people I might screw up...I like teaching people that I know already believe the Gospel so if my spanish stinks or my lesson isnt the best I know that its not to big of a deal.
Other things are just the same as every single other day. It is kind of the same old same old but I am liking the routine. I love the opportunity to study the scriptures and teaching all the time. I love the Gospel and I love my Savior and I am grateful to be here and to be a missionary and I just love you all!
Thank you for your support and prayers. And your letters, they brighten my day. Until next week peeps!!!
Friday, March 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You may be the teacher, but the Holy Ghost is the converter. He speaks all languages. I know you're doing a fantastic job.
ReplyDelete