Hola bloglandia!!!! It is Hna Parry here again with some edge of your seat news!!! First of all, I love you all and I appreciate all that everyone out there does for me. Thank you for the letters you send me. I know it has been a while, but dont forget about me, k? Good! Speaking of time....I have been here for 6 and a half weeks!!!! That is unreal! I only have 2 and a half weeks left here. I dont feel like I am any where close to ready to leave, but I guess that is just to darn bad because it is coming and coming fast! It is exactly how they say in the CCM, longest days ever but the shortest weeks!
This week was good and bad. Mostly good, a little bad. My roommates left for Spain on Tuesday and that was so sad. I am so excited for them to be in the field but I dont know what I am going to do without them here. They were only 3 weeks ahead of me but in CCM time that is forever and they taught me all I know. I am way stoked for them thought. Also bad, on Wednesday I promised my teacher that I wouldnt speak english anymore. It is really really hard and I still speak english way more than I should but I am doing better. It is hard when I cant get in on a story or say something because I have to look up all the words in the dictionary but it is making me grow and I am grateful for that. The CCM is hard work and I know it is the easiest part of my mission so keep praying really hard for me. I am way nervous for the field, but I am way excited too!
In super duper cool news....Jeffery R. Holland spoke at our Tuesday night devotional. It was amazing and SO SCARY! You know how Elder Holland yells, that was how it went. He talked to us about how important missionary work was and said "We expect alot from you and we dont apologize for it" but in Holland style the next line was always "know how much we love and respect you". But it was just amazing. I feel a lot of pressure now, with the "legacy of 200 years of missionary work on my shoulders". It feels good to have the pressure though, reminds me why I am here!
Things with my investigators are really great and I am starting to like teaching more and more. Well I guess that is not entirely true, I have always liked teaching but as Hna Hill says, "You like teaching, you just dont like getting there" and that is true. I have looking at my planner and realizing we have to teach (which is everyday so I dont know why I am shocked) and then I stress about if we are ready and if I know enough spanish to communicate enough etc. But when I get into the lessons, and I feel the spirit and my investigators feel the spirit it is great.
In cool what I have learned news, I am for the first time in my life understanding Charity. I have always thought I understood and that I had it but being in the CCM made me realize I never understood at all. It is so strange how much I can love the fictional charaters my teachers portray as investigators, but when Canducho(Hno Davis) talks about how he doesnt think he can do some thing and then sticks to it because he prayed or whatever...I have never been so excited. When he gets frustrated because his "wife" doesnt understand why he wants to be baptised my heart breaks. All I want is to help him to find the help and the love of the Savior. I can truly understand charity in those moments. And I havent even begun. And it is like Hna Hill said after a particularly emotional lesson last week "He isnt even a real person and we love him so much, imagine how much we will love our actual investigators" So true! And I will tell you what, I just cannot wait.
Thanks again for all you do! I love you all ever so much. Keep praying for me!
Love Hna Parry
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keep up the good work. We are working on letters and pictures to send your way.
ReplyDelete