Happy St. Patricks Day Bloglandia!!!! First of all, there is some wierdo elder just standing across from me staring...weird. Ok anywho...the weeks in this place feel so long, like months, so it is hard to remember all the things that have happened. Sorry if this isnt my most exciting blog post! But I will try. First of all, I leave on Tuesday! This is my last P Day in the MTC! That feels so strange, it has already been 9 weeks. I am not sure when or how that happened but Tempe here I come.
I am feeling kinda ready but not that same need to get out of the MTC that other people have, I love the MTC and would stay for weeks if I could. My spanish is not great and I dont feel like I can do anything in espanol but I know that the Lord will help me.
The thing I am most worried about is leaving my district and my teachers, it is like being dropped off at the MTC all over again only this time I dont get to hug my "brothers" goodbye. After 9 weeks of 24/7 being together a handshake just doesnt seem to cut it. I was so lucky to have the district that I did, they have changed me as a missionary and I am so greatful that the Lord knows me enough to know exactly what people I would need to teach me and help me through the MTC. It is crazy.
Yesterday we went to what they call "In Field Orientaion" and we had been hearing about it and how awful it was but it wasnt to bad, I actally had a lot of fun. But it was like 13 hours long so by the end I was ready for bed. But I learned a lot about working with members, so everyone out there remember to help your missionaries out ok? Good.
I guess that is really all for this week. We didnt do a huge amount. We "baptised" both of our investigators on Saturday which was coool. I was way stoked so I cant even imagine how it is going to feel when they are actual people and not just my teachers. We had our last language lessons which made me feel better one day and then worse the next. We practiced street contacting, scary. And I started reading the Book Of Mormon reader in spanish. You know the one they have for little kids with all the pictures in it that basically summarize the stories. I use that one because the words are more simple and I feel like I can understand better. Ha.
Anyway my time is up, sorry this wasnt the best letter, but golly the Church is true! I am so excited to get into the field to share my testimony and the Gospel. Thanks y'all for all of your support. Please keep it coming, it brightens my day!
Love Hna Parry
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are such slackers and still need to send you something. I promise it is coming.
ReplyDelete