background

Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 42

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Well this is a big week....THANKSGIVING! Plus on Sunday Hna Escobar and I celebrated 10 months in the mission! That is just absolutely insane to me. I am not sure how that happened....but it has. There is still SO much that I need to learn and I only have 8 months to do it...but I have been looking back at where I was even just 5 months ago and it is incredible what I have been able to achieve with the Lord. I have been truly blessed as a missionary. My week has been good. It started out sad because Denise, our sweet 16 year old investigator ran away from home last Saturday and she still isnt home. Oh my heck, it is so sad. She is such a good girl, she just doesnt have the direction that she needs in her life. We are praying that she will come home soon! On Friday we had dinner at a members house. They invited us because a returned missionary, Hna Saxon, was coming to visit. Well it gets better than that, because along with Saxon in walks....HNA HANSEN!!!! Oh man, I was SO happy! I have missed her like crazy and I just wanted to cry I was so glad! Ok, well I am kind of out of time...but I want to share a cool experience I had..... Yesterday we were walking down the street talking to people, like we do, and we started talking to this lady. She was really trying to get away from us, but then told us that her dad was sick and we asked if we could pray with her right there in the road for her dad. She said yes and as we prayed she just started to cry. She thanked us afterwards and we told her she could have missionaries go to her house to give her dad a blessing if she wanted. She is actually going down to mexico to be with him, but we gave her a card and told her that if she called the number she could get missionaries in mexico too. It was really special....I think that is my favorite part of being a missionary...helping people feel loved by us and really by their Heavenly Father! So great! Thats about all, things are great and I am truly blessed! I love you all! Love Hna Parry Me and Anneli and Edgar
Anneli, Tamera, and Us
Fabi and Kasee
Me and Escobar drinking our boba smoothies
Just like LOLLICUP!!! Sorry Chase, I still owe you one!
Molly, Andrea, and Steph...I boba-ed our car. Escobar pretended to think it wasnt funny, but she loved it!

1 comment: