Monday, November 12, 2012
Week 41
What A Week!
Things here in sunny arizona are moving right along and are actually QUITE chilly, and we had a fine week indeed! I am loving Chandler but I am starting to get itchy to move...or at least switch companions. Not that I dont LOVE Hna Escobar, because I totally do, we just had a sisters training and I just want to be compaions with all of those sister too! So we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
Like I said, this week was really fun because we had a sisters exchange! It was ever so fun! We met up at the mission home, all of the sisters, spanish and english, even the sisters from Yuma, and had a mini transfer meeting. I stayed in Chandler but got to spend the day as companions with.....HERMANA CRAWFORD! Oh boy, we had so much fun together! She is really sweet and just excited about everything. It really helped me to see that I really can the senior companion and the one who knows the most about spanish and it made me really step it up even thought it was only for one day. O, golly! It was just fun to change it up!
Then on Thursday we had a sisters training. We all got back together and then spent the afternoon eating lunch and just talking and getting to know each other. Then we had a really powerful testimony meeting and Pres Howes taught us about the oath and covenant of the priesthood so that we could understand it better. Also he told us that as of right now 10% of arizona tempe missionaries are sisters, but with the people now assigned here after President Monsons announcemnet, that 30% of the mission will be sisters!!! There will be 75 of us instead of 30! Oh man, that will be so exciting! What a blessing it is to be a missionary right now.
It is actually cold here in Arizona. Not freezing, but the evenings are down in the 50s and the days are like 70, so it is sweater weather. Man, it is so great! I am loving every chilly second! I am jealous of the snow though! Man, do I love snow. It is wierd that it is winter but everything here is still green palm trees. It doesnt feel super Christmas-y, but down town Chandler does have Christmas lights up so every night when we drive home I get a little holiday cheer and I am grateful for those tender mercies from the Lord!
The real great news of this week!!!!! FABIANA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! Oh man, I love baptisms! This one was extra special because Hna Escobar hasnt ever had a baptism, so that was special. Like always a million things went wrong. Starting with 4 baptisms before ours...leading to no dry jumpsuits for her dad to wear to baptise her...leading to him having to run home and find his to small temple pants. Then one of the well meaning fathers from the youth baptism before us pulled the plug in the font....which we didnt know about until 15 minutes before Fabis baptism started....but the elders caught it and refilled it. Plus our WML had computer troubles and the program wasnt done...but thanks the the youth baptisms and their programs we were able to pull it together. All it all, it was just absolutly wonderful and really went off just as it should have! Oh it was so special and I am so thankful for Fabi and for her desire to just follow the Lord. Escobar was saying that it didnt feel real because it was too easy. We didnt have to fight Fabi on anything. She never doubted or questioned or worried...she jsut trusted in the Lord and wanted to follow her Savior. That was incredible special. It is days like Saturday that put my mission into perspective for me and I am so grateful for those moments.
Well that is about it in a nutshell. Things here are good, and man am I happy. Things are crazy and hard and stressful, but I am the happiest I have ever been in my whole life and I am grateful for that!
I love you all!
Con Amor,
Hermana Parry
Me and Hna Crawford
Sister Training
Me and Sisters Farthing and Wiscombe
Fabianas Baptism
The Gate the Locked us in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment