background

Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 40

Things here are going well. Monday was a really great night. We put Fabiana on date for baptism! She is so cute and we are so excited for her. She is 15 and her mom and step dad are members but are just starting to get active again. She is really excited about the gospel and we are excited for her. She wants to get baptised the 10th, which is WAY close so we are sort of scrambling to fit in all of the necessary lessons, but it is a good sort of rushed. :) Her step dad is always there for the lessons which is good and bad because he brings up really unnecissary stuff...like how we came up with the articles of faith or the story of emma smith not liking to clean up tobacco spit. All ok stuff, but not necessary for her to be prepared for baptism. It is just funny because it makes it a little difficult, but I am greatful that her family is supporting her. Also on Monday we made a bunch of carmel corn to give to our neighbors and our mailman, well we put the popcorn in the mailbox with a little note and I was so excited for him to get it. Well on Tuesday when we opened the mailbox it was still there! RUDE! I was so bummed and I thought that the least he could have done was taken it and thrown it away so we could at least think he was thankful...but no. So I ranted to Hna Escobar about it for the next couple days. Little did I know what would come to pass later in the week. Halloween was a really great day for me! We were not allowed to go outside because of the possible craziness so we got to spend the day reading the new testament! Oh man it was so wonderful. I havent spent enough time in the new testament and so it was really nice. I didnt make it past Matthew but it was ok because I was just soaking up all the I could learn about the Savior. It was a really spiritual uplifting experience, and I am grateful for it. After reading we went home and Hna Escobar and I made mummy hot dogs and butternut squash and watched Legacy and the John Tanner Story. It was the perfect holiday! Thursday was really quite the funny day! We are still trying to meet all of the investigators and member in the new wards we picked up, so on Thursday night we set up a meeting with the Bucks, the Bucks are a part member family, Dan the husband being the non memeber. Well we knock on the door and guess who answers....OUR MAILMAN!!!! The same mailman I had been ranting about all week!!! What are the odds of that! Oh boy, it is funny and some day when we have a closer relationship I am going to tell him about the popcorn incident. But really, we are teaching our mailman, what a riot! Friday was great, we had a zone conference and we learned a lot. It was one of my favorite zone conferences. Also we got to teach my favorite menos activo, Manuel! Manuel is from the DR (my favorite country, well tied with Mexico of course) and his wife just had a baby...so I extra love going over there. Adriel, is like 2 weeks old and so sweet and he loves me! Ha ha. But really I love teaching Manuel because he wants to be better and do better and he wants to get the mecezidec priesthood and bless his son. I love seeing peoples points of view change as they start to understand the gospel more and more. What a blessing we have! Sunday was great!!! We had dinner with our ward mission leader, Bro Perez, who we love anyways, but the story gets better. Dinner was actually at his parents house, outside our area(we got permiso of course), and guess who his mom is...Sis Benard...the RS president on the Silvercreek ward in Gilbert! Oh man alive it was so good to see her, and she called over Sis Hart to come and visit me. They told me they haven't ever missed a missionary as much as they miss me. Which I dont say to be prideful, but it just touched my heart so much to know that a place and people I love so much, felt and feel the same way about me. That was a real tender mercy from the Lord and it helps me to realize that what I am doing is really making an impact. Being a missionary is the greatest! I feel so blessed to be here and to be working with these people. Thanks for everything you all do for me. Love Hna Parry P.s. I know it isn't christmas yet, but if you are wondering what to get me....stamps are always a welcome gift...as is Christmas music. Love You
Mummy Hot Dogs Halloween Dinner!

1 comment: